Windows 10 Hanging

Not sure how many people have experienced this issue, and googling has produced results that are not helpful...

Every so often Windows 10 will hang on me, persisting for several minutes at a time or longer. This happens most often when windows updates are (attempting) to install, but recently it has been happening randomly when the system is idle. Previously I got around the issue by manually installing updates, however it has returned.

System specs:

i7-4790K stock clock

16GB Ram

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 Motherboard

120GB Samsung 840EVO SSD

1TB WD HDD

Asus Strix GTX970

2 1080p monitors and a third 1440*900

When the computer hangs, all open widows, being chrome, skype, explorer, will still play sound, but they will not update on screen (video still playing, but frozen image), however the mouse will still move between all monitors, once the buffer is used the audio stops.

I created an event view to see what was happening and most of the hangs are related to windows security auditing, event id 4797. This is then followed by a windows hang report for explorer.exe, before the system recovers and work normally again.

I have already disabled cortana, apps are installed on the ssd (though I have none), and it generally happens just as system pins ssd usage to 100%.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great, thanks.

Joshua

printscreen.png

Your disk usage goes to 100% because you're pulling too much information at the same time, it happens to me with my laptop every time I play a game in ultra and watch a 1080p/4k video on my second screen. 

I am aware that having a large load on the system can cause high disk usage, but this issue happens even at idle, nothing open or loading, regardless of the antivirus doing scans or being disabled, leading me to believe it is a windows 10 issue.

10 minutes ago, Joshuarulez said:

dick usage

You made my day bro xD

It could be a W10 issue, I already bought it with W8.1 but don't remember if I had these kind of issues. 
Edit : Also, don't forget to quote me, otherwise I won't see your answer :)

Try running LatencyMon to see what's happening during these long stops. You might have to let it run for a while before it happens, but once it does and you have control again, go ahead and stop it, export its view, and upload it for us to take a look at. It should tell us which driver or service in particular is causing the hangs, or at least help us narrow down a hardware issue.

Thanks, Runefox, currently monitoring and will get back when it hangs again.

In line with updates released computer hung this morning. Attached is the drivers from LatencyMon. 

Drivers.txt

It certainly looks like may be being caused by the network driver. I see you have a WiFi adapter installed; Any chance you could try disabling it and running just on ethernet?

Unfortunately ethernet is not an option, but I will try switching out the WiFi card for another one I have.

On a side note: I currently do have a ethernet network that consists of another windows 10 system, being used as a NAS. With the wifi off on the problem PC I'm getting internet through the NAS system... Strange.