Gpu won't turn on

Qball

I hooked up the gpu to the Psu as well as power to the moon. No lights turn on or fans on the gpu. I plugged in the Psu jumper to cycle power still nothing. To explain more there is ram gpu and psu no CPU 

For your GPU to turn on you will need a fully working system. The motherboards BIOS generally looks for necessary components first, meaning that RAM and CPU are first up. If any one of those are found to be missing then the POST test is terminated immediately as there is no need to continue looking for other components.

Please fully build your system and see if that helps.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I think the problem is you are powering from from the moon.

So power to the gpu isn't enough to turn on the gpu fans at least to see if it works.my CPU is in the mail and I just got my psu and wanted to see if stuff works

3 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

For your GPU to turn on you will need a fully working system. The motherboards BIOS generally looks for necessary components first, meaning that RAM and CPU are first up. If any one of those are found to be missing then the POST test is terminated immediately as there is no need to continue looking for other components.

Please fully build your system and see if that helps.

So power to the gpu isn't enough to turn on the gpu fans at least to see if it works.my CPU is in the mail and I just got my psu and wanted to see if stuff works

1 minute ago, Qball said:

No, that's not enough. I'm sure there's something that you could do, but it would be WAYYY more complicated than would be worthwhile, especially when you are about to get your CPU anyway. 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

No, that's not enough. I'm sure there's something that you could do, but it would be WAYYY more complicated than would be worthwhile, especially when you are about to get your CPU anyway. 

Thank u for your help. So CPU ram gpu Psu and mobo. That's all that's minamally needed to rest to see if every thing works?

2 hours ago, Qball said:

Thank u for your help. So CPU ram gpu Psu and mobo. That's all that's minamally needed to rest to see if every thing works?

Yes, that's the minimal setup to be able to confirm if a GPU will power up. 

"Rawr XD"