PC Freezes then restarts after playing games.

Hello LTT forums, I have an issue.

So i've been troubleshooting an issue for my PC, my pc freezes and recently restarts while playing video games, it's a frustrating issue, this has been happening for a while. I have no idea what it is, here's a list of the steps i've done.

WHAT I'VE DONE:

Reinstall windows, a lot of times.

Replaced PSU with high quality one.

RMA motherboard

RMA GPU, which did fix the annoying fan issue, I thought this was originally what was making the freezes but no, still have them. I actually don't freeze while playing games with the on-board graphics when I was testing that. It's odd.

More fans, even though it's not a heat issue.

Tried to solves some of the blue screens I got that involved bad drivers, no fix there either.

memtest86 tests with ram, no errors there

hdd tests with the seasonic tools, no issues

resetting cmos, no fixes

tested with prime 85 for 48 hours, no issues there either

update bios, no fix

update drivers, no fix

ran with no anti virus programs, still no fix

sfc/ scannow no errors

re-seated hardware, and still, no fix

Any help is accepted, I just really want to fix this issue and completely enjoy my pc, thanks.

Oh here are the specs,

Intel i5 6600 3.3ghz
ASUS Z170-A Motherboard
Corsair DDR4 ram 2133
ASUS GTX 970 Strix
EVGA SUPERNOVA GS gold certified 650w
Sandisk 240gb ssd
WD caviar blue 1tb
Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
and 4 case fans

Here are some WhoCrashed reports as well.

On Mon 10/24/2016 7:54:44 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102416-4546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80222FB8180, 0x0)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/24/2016 7:54:44 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalPerformEndOfInterrupt+0xC6)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80222FB8180, 0x0)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 10/23/2016 7:58:20 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102316-4578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys (USBXHCI+0x19B5E)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80B8EB69B5E, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
description: USB XHCI Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

ok,

ram module exact name and profile from BIOS pls (why buying a Z motherboard for a non K cpu ?)

13 hours ago, belfouf said:

ok,

ram module exact name and profile from BIOS pls (why buying a Z motherboard for a non K cpu ?)

Sorry but I don't know what you mean, but I think you want to know that I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz (PC4-17000) C13 Memory Kit, I recently set the profile to 2133 from auto to test that.

Only seems to happen with the dGPU? Hm. Try this: In your BIOS, under Advanced->Platform Misc, make sure all options are disabled. In Windows, go to Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings, and under PCI-E disable Link State Power Management. Then restart and try testing again to see if that made a difference.

1 hour ago, Runefox said:

Only seems to happen with the dGPU? Hm. Try this: In your BIOS, under Advanced->Platform Misc, make sure all options are disabled. In Windows, go to Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings, and under PCI-E disable Link State Power Management. Then restart and try testing again to see if that made a difference.

Everything was disabled in plat. misc, and i turned off the link state power management, ill give this a shot.

7 hours ago, MajorZero said:

Sorry but I don't know what you mean, but I think you want to know that I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz (PC4-17000) C13 Memory Kit, I recently set the profile to 2133 from auto to test that.

in your BIOS, did you check that RAM voltage is 1.2v and timings are 13-15-15-28 ? (I assume frequency is already 2133MHz, if not of course change that) AUTO is not always smart...

20 hours ago, Runefox said:

No luck still sadly.

in your BIOS, did you check that RAM voltage is 1.2v and timings are 13-15-15-28 ? (I assume frequency is already 2133MHz, if not of course change that) AUTO is not always smart...

Can't really find in bios, but I downloaded CPU-Z because people says it shows you, does this look correct?

y7b.PNG

Doesn't show the voltage, but the timings seem a little higher than specced by the RAM. My guess is you have XMP off, and are using the JEDEC timings for the RAM. Not a big deal; You can cross-check what it's showing there and what its JEDEC vs XMP timings are on CPU-Z's SPD tab.

31 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Doesn't show the voltage, but the timings seem a little higher than specced by the RAM. My guess is you have XMP off, and are using the JEDEC timings for the RAM. Not a big deal; You can cross-check what it's showing there and what its JEDEC vs XMP timings are on CPU-Z's SPD tab.

Oh, that's what I was missing, forgot to mention that the one thing I did see in the bios was that the voltage was 1.200v. I do have XMP off.

2 hours ago, MajorZero said:

How's this information?

erg.PNG

rg.PNG

3 hours ago, Runefox said:

7 hours ago, MajorZero said:

go in BIOS and enter correct values manually.

it's here : 

on DRAM Timings control (is this your BIOS ? if not post a screenshot and don't do what I say below)

IMG0048641.jpg

IMG0048644.jpgon DRAM CAS# Latency put 13

on DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay put 15 

on DRAM RAS# ACT Time put 28

on DRAM write Recovery Time put 15

please people confirm My saying since this BIOS use a really strange RAM timing control pannel

go in BIOS and enter correct values manually.

it's here : 

on DRAM Timings control (is this your BIOS ? if not post a screenshot and don't do what I say below)

IMG0048641.jpg

IMG0048644.jpgon DRAM CAS# Latency put 13

on DRAM RAS# ACT Time put 28

please people confirm My saying since this BIOS use a really strange RAM timing control pannel

Yes, that is my bios. Tried changing it and it said overclocking failed.

I tried re-installing windows again as well, and still no progress sadly.

9 hours ago, MajorZero said:

I tried re-installing windows again as well, and still no progress sadly.

you don't need to re install windows, believe me, problem is in the BIOS, not in windows.

go back to RAM

DRAM Frequency :  2133

DRAM voltage : 1.200V

on DRAM CAS# Latency put 16

on DRAM RAS# ACT Time put 36

on DRAM REF Cycle Time put 50

(rest of settings in AUTO)

(these are JDEC8 settings)

20 hours ago, belfouf said:

you don't need to re install windows, believe me, problem is in the BIOS, not in windows.

go back to RAM

DRAM Frequency :  2133

DRAM voltage : 1.200V

on DRAM CAS# Latency put 16

on DRAM RAS# ACT Time put 36

on DRAM REF Cycle Time put 50

(rest of settings in AUTO)

(these are JDEC8 settings)

That didn't work either, overclock failed.

6 hours ago, MajorZero said:

That didn't work either, overclock failed.

can you please post here a screenshot (phone picture ?) of your BIOS CPU and RAM options

14 hours ago, belfouf said:

can you please post here a screenshot (phone picture ?) of your BIOS CPU and RAM options

Its the same as the pictures you showed me.

8 hours ago, MajorZero said:

Its the same as the pictures you showed me.

i5 6600 voltage is ?

14 hours ago, MajorZero said:

1.136v

that's low, even for 3.9Ghz, try to add 0.5 and put 1.18v