USB ports not working

I recently had an hdd failure and ever since life has been a pain in the arse, after some time of trying to make with what I had I bought Samsung evo 850 and a wd 2tb black. Installed windows 7, alas something is working, however, as one door opens another slams in your face, I installed the drivers for my motherboard (msi z97 gaming 5) after it had finished it asked me to reboot, as the task bar had disappeared I  used the reset button on my case, the bios bit booted, I could access it as usual, but as soon as windows started loading my keyboard turned off and my mouse was unresponsive. I originally thought this was an os issue, until my mate told me to use a different keyboard, it had been nearly two weeks so I thought I'd give it a shot, I then had a eureka moment, I had an old ps2 cable keyboard (as opposed to a usb variant), plugged it in booted up and it works, I then realised it was a problem with the USB ports, logged in a proceeded to open up the msi cd app with keyboard shortcuts, only to have another door slam in my face as I couldn't operate the app with out a mouse, I could however access the individual files, this is where my knowledge and progress comes to a grinding halt as I have no idea what I'm looking for within these files pls help

ps I wrote about this yesterday in the os section as I thought that was the issue, sorry

Are there USB drivers for your motherboard? If so, uninstall them and let windows use the stock ones. Sometimes that helps until they release a better driver. 

Spoiler

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

Sounds like a corrupt driver install. You're still early in the process, if I were in your spot I would just nuke the Windows install and start over again.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

18 minutes ago, PokeCatz said:

Are there USB drivers for your motherboard? If so, uninstall them and let windows use the stock ones. Sometimes that helps until they release a better driver. 

Hide contents

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

How do I uninstall them

18 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

Sounds like a corrupt driver install. You're still early in the process, if I were in your spot I would just nuke the Windows install and start over again.

I've been dreading thought for a while now, but I don't think Id need to uninstall the whole os, but I'll keep that in mind as a last resort