LGA775 DDR3 Motherboards.

I'm currently trying something new with a second gaming computer build. I have an e5450 processor that I have modded to be compatible with the LGA775 motherboard socket despite this processor being an LGA771 socket processor. 

I have an old LGA775 but it is not a good motherboard. Everything is slow and old and my main problem is that it has only two slots for DDR2 ram. 

What I'm wondering is, are there any consumer PCs built with an LGA775 that support DDR3 1300mhz or more?

All of these motherboards online are $75+ after shipping and I think it would be more fun and a better deal if I can look for a specific tower. 

Thanks

-Carter

Just now, Carterlil21 said:

This is not a good alternative. $500 for the motherboards on Amazon. They sell on eBay for a lot less but still a substantial amount. 

Your not gonna get a old highend board cheap. Your much better buying a core i3 or pentium. There much faster, lowerpower.

21 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your not gonna get a old highend board cheap. Your much better buying a core i3 or pentium. There much faster, lowerpower.

Ya, I don't assume il be able to either. I am just wondering if there were any towers that were mass produced with one of these motherboards. 

That way I could pickup the whole tower at hopefully a lower cost. 

There was a huge amount of DDR3 boards released in the last year or two of the Core 2 lifespan from all major manufacturers. Previous comments are correct, finding them on eBay or Amazon will be expensive. Your best bet is to use classifieds and sites like Craigslist to source parts and of course there is always the flea markets; thrift stores and pawn shops to check out too. 

Lots of good nForce 700 series boards came from manufacturers like XFX and EVGA while Asus and Gigabyte put out a lot of solid Intel P45 based boards. Good luck!

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

5 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

There was a huge amount of DDR3 boards released in the last year or two of the Core 2 lifespan from all major manufacturers. Previous comments are correct, finding them on eBay or Amazon will be expensive. Your best bet is to use classifieds and sites like Craigslist to source parts and of course there is always the flea markets; thrift stores and pawn shops to check out too. 

Lots of good nForce 700 series boards came from manufacturers like XFX and EVGA while Asus and Gigabyte put out a lot of solid Intel P45 based boards. Good luck!

Thank you. Do you know of a way I can get specific names of these manufactured computers? Websites I can filter by year or something of the sort. 

36 minutes ago, Carterlil21 said:

This is not a good alternative. $500 for the motherboards on Amazon. They sell on eBay for a lot less but still a substantial amount. 

idk im just searching random shit

The geek himself.

ddr3 really isnt any faster then ddr2 for 775, my ddr2 does 1300mhz with some chips and just over 1200mhz with all my chips at way tighter timings then ddr3. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

18 minutes ago, Carterlil21 said:

Thank you. Do you know of a way I can get specific names of these manufactured computers? Websites I can filter by year or something of the sort. 

A ddr3 board with support for the 775 to 771 mod would leave you with the p45, or g41 chipsets, that isn't an intel board.

They will be pretty expensize because of people this same mod for several years now, the prices of the e5450s have also jumped up a lot too.

Look up the motherboard specifications for the lga 771 mod there are a lot of restrictions about the fsb, and what chips can work in a specific board. 

A Sandybridge i3, or i5, or even a nehalem i5/i7 would most likely be cheaper and perform better.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, Carterlil21 said:

Search for nForce 790i and 750i, that will bring up the nVidia chipset powered boards like the EVGA 790i FTW. Intel's P45 is a lot more widespread so some off the top of my head that I've used personally are the ECS P45T-AD3; Asus P5Q3; Gigabyte P45-T-ES3G (Gigabyte DDR3 boards are very uncommon, I've encountered only one) and the MSI P45-C51. 

Most are uncommon at best but I've seen the ECS boards pop up here and there the last year or two.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

On 2016-10-24 at 2:59 PM, Jumper118 said:

ddr3 really isnt any faster then ddr2 for 775, my ddr2 does 1300mhz with some chips and just over 1200mhz with all my chips at way tighter timings then ddr3. 

Ya, I know, but if I could get a DDR3 supporting 1600, that would be ideal. Ddr2 is a lot harder to find at a good price and I've already got 8G of DDR3 1600 laying around. 

2 minutes ago, Carterlil21 said:

Ya, I know, but if I could get a DDR3 supporting 1600, that would be ideal. Ddr2 is a lot harder to find at a good price and I've already got 8G of DDR3 1600 laying around. 

But a ddr2 board is cheaper so wither you have cheaper ram or a cheaper board. I think ram sticks are Cheaper than boards. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

37 minutes ago, Carterlil21 said:

It would probabbly be cheaper to get a sandybridge i3/i5 and a h61 board, or a nehalem i5/i7, and a 1155 board. A good 775 board with ddr3 support and support for the 775 to 771 mod is going to be about $50-$75USD used.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

On 2016-10-24 at 3:13 PM, SLAYR said:

A ddr3 board with support for the 775 to 771 mod would leave you with the p45, or g41 chipsets, that isn't an intel board.

They will be pretty expensize because of people this same mod for several years now, the prices of the e5450s have also jumped up a lot too.

Look up the motherboard specifications for the lga 771 mod there are a lot of restrictions about the fsb, and what chips can work in a specific board. 

A Sandybridge i3, or i5, or even a nehalem i5/i7 would most likely be cheaper and perform better.

THank you