White Cases?

K0MP4CT

Simply, what are your opinions on white cases? Do you love them or hate them? Why? Any examples of nice or bad white cases? :)

NZXT S340

Great case, just not enough room for custom loop with lots of radiator space xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

HexGear R80 White is a pretty good case. I probably would have bought it instead of my current one at the time. 

I don't necessarily love/hate white cases, I just figure why not a white case? I mean, I'm not the type of person to get it extremely dirty, so there wouldn't be a particular reason to get a black case in this instance. 

phanteks p400 white, s 340, h440/h630(my current case). I personally love black and white themed builds, however when the case is pure white or has a non gray shade incorporated it is much less appealing.

Corsair Graphite 780T white

Big case with pretty decent water cooling options but also quite expensive.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

It depends on the case styling. I have an AvP Hyperion EV33W which looks a lot better IRL than in the product photos. It is mostly a gloss white case. By chance I put a blue LED fan cooler inside, and the subtle glow from that escaping out of the various openings works well too.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

White plastic always seems to discolour over time. That being said I loved my Fractal Design Define R4 White. Changed to Black Define S when I built my new computer. 

White cases can really stand out even if they're minimalistic like the Define R4 or the NZXT s340.

I have the Thermaltake Level 10 GT (in black) that also comes in white, it's a bit "ugly" to a lot of people's idea of cases though.

Image result for thermaltake level 10 GT

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

White cases can really stand out even if they're minimalistic like the Define R4 or the NZXT s340.

I have the Thermaltake Level 10 GT (in black) that also comes in white, it's a bit "ugly" to a lot of people's idea of cases though.

It's not the case I'd like to have personally, but it does look pretty cool. Reminds me of something from a Splinter Cell mission :D

6 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

It's not the case I'd like to have personally, but it does look pretty cool. Reminds me of something from a Splinter Cell mission :D

It definitely stands out for sure. Like i said it's an aesthetic, a lot of people like the design but would not get it for their case which I understand. It does have a lot of cool features though, like an HDD SATA power bridge and "hot swapable" HDD trays

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I have seen quite a few nicely done white cases.  Of course the majority being Case Lab cases.

Though, I do kind of like some of the Fractal Design cases in white.

But at the end of the day, I hope to someday get a Magnum TH10A in white.  Such a nice looking case in white.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

i had a lot of white cases and they tend to have to have a specific scheme. got tired of red/white, blue white, green white.

last white case:

CaseLabs SM8 009.JPG

i wanted the Phanteks p400s in white but the local store was charging more for it. I probably wanted it because every case iv ever owned had has been black except for the beige 486. its the only bright colour that doesn't look like lemming vomit

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I'm liking all the ones you guys have suggested. I probably won't buy a white case myself due to my desk, keyboard, monitor and mouse all being black, it might look a little odd! But I really do like the Fractal Define R5 White :) 

I love the S340 and the new elite model is even better. Tempted to buy it next year just to move all my existing gear over!

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop