I need help Cooling my CPU

YouTube Jaxon10102

Hey guys i need help cooling my i7-3770k i want to overclock it to 4.0Ghz but i want to know the easiest way to do it

What cooler, mobo and case do you have now? And you're looking to buy a new CPU cooler?

Hey guys i need help cooling my i7-3770k i want to overclock it to 4.0Ghz but i want to know the easiest way to do it

4.0 is a fairly easy overclock. most new mobos would have some sort of auto overclocking utility you can use, such as OC Genie II from MSI. With these auto modes, they can OC your chip to even higher clock speeds too. All these of course, if you have the right cooler for the chip. I dont think its a good idea to start OC-ing with a stock cooler?

whould you mind telling us your mobo and what cooler you are using/plan on using?

-cheers.

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

If you're looking for something cheap and effective, go with the hyper 212 plus, it keeps my fx-8150 @4.6ghz nice and cool around 27 degrees idol and 56ish under load. Although ive added two noctua NF-F12s in push pull, super quiet and super effective. as far as the actual overclocking goes, i've only ever handled my 8150, and i pushed it 1ghz faster than stock speed so i figure it could handle your I7 only going to 4ghz

I don't know what you mean you need help on cooling and want to know how to oc or you just want to know how to cool?

If you want a cool cpu then buy a good cooler. I'm sure you are following Linus on youtube then you should have an idea wich cooler is good. If you want to spend a bit money buy the H100i Watercooler if you want to spend less money buy a highend air cooler like the "Silver Arrow Extreme".

4.0 is probably doable on a stock cooler, although +1 to getting a hyper 212 as it will be way better

I have the exact same CPU and the H100 works great.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D