Create a Feed for Video Ideas for LTT!

NathanSchmitz

Im sure there are alot of people who have alot of good ideas and want to share them!

AMD ZEN AND VEGA BUILD LOG

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

There already are threads for it. Can't link now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, cdsboy2000 said:

*cough* build log *cough*

call me old fashioned but that's what got me into ltt and it's been a while

(maybe a vr ready build guide like they did the 4k one?)

Their old like 30+ minute build logs were the best 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

Something like this existed

Do people still need cameras? Would it make sense for the common middle class American to still buy a standalone camera in 2016? What features, like NFC, make a standalone camera more attractive in a world where even a $50 smartphone can take photos that are good enough for most people?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

DIY hack: how well does a $10 android phone compare to a Raspberry Pi for DIY projects? The phone has more features built in and isn't constantly sold out like the Pi's are, but the Pi has more potential for expansion with it's IO ports, etc. 

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&_ga=1.162355578.777342692.1477273424&productVariantExtensionId=49390701

(They sell these at my local grocery store BRAND NEW for $10 all the time, just need a club card)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

A comparison of the various bluetooth key fobs that let you find your keys or other objects? 

Do people still need a standalone GPS? Why would one want a Garmin or other GPS when your phone as free, constantly updated, live traffic maps with voice control? 

We know there are no 2 TB micro SD cards yet but several phones offer compatibility with them. Why don't they exist yet? With UFS coming up, will we even see a day with a 2 TB micro SD? I know there is an episode explaining UFS but they could make a video with more detail about 2 TB micro SD.

Streaming 4K? Why is it so much harder than streaming video in 1080p? When might people see a better connection?

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

We know there are no 2 TB micro SD cards yet but several phones offer compatibility with them. Why don't they exist yet? With UFS coming up, will we even see a day with a 2 TB micro SD? I know there is an episode explaining UFS but they could make a video with more detail about 2 TB micro SD.

He mentioned it once and basically said (to paraphrase) "if your data management strategy involves using a 2 TB microSD card, you may want to rethink it"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

He mentioned it once and basically said (to paraphrase) "if your data management strategy involves using a 2 TB microSD card, you may want to rethink it"

Good point.

Do I need a new PC? If I'm not a gamer, then shouldn't my computer of X number of years old still run most modern tasks? If they sell a brand new windows tablet with 1 GB RAM and a Intel Atom CPU that runs decently well why should I upgrade my 10 year old PC? When should casual PC users upgrade now that so much of their PC tasks are being run in the cloud? Why upgrade if your old PC still works well?

A review of night owl and similar home security devices. 

Maybe a video on transporters? CPG grey and Vsauce3 did great videos on this subject, why doesn't Linus add his take to the topic?

Do linux based builds. Something like "with the idea that the steam machine in a way failed, here are a few different linux/steam OS based builds you can try out." 

And then do a few different price ranges, and see which ones can run crysis, or... whatever linux based games that are difficult to run

Or do theoretical setups for offices, workstations, gaming cafe, and just setups and ideas for such scenarios. For instance you did desk based builds for gaming, what about a desk based build for spreadsheets, or word processing, or 3d modelling or video rendering. Remember your whole office watercooling system? That was creative. Try doing something like that for different kinds of systems. Or ideas for Esport "torniment" rooms. Like 10 computers on 1 network for lan torniments for a theoretical gaming cafe. 

How many Raspberry Pi's does one need, to run Crysis? 

This could make a great HOLY $HIT episode, actually. I don't think Linus has done anything related to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Embroidery-Prewound-Stabilizer-Scissors/dp/B01AMQ810C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477276551&sr=8-1&keywords=sewing+machine+usb

36 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

DIY hack: how well does a $10 android phone compare to a Raspberry Pi for DIY projects? The phone has more features built in and isn't constantly sold out like the Pi's are, but the Pi has more potential for expansion with it's IO ports, etc. 

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&_ga=1.162355578.777342692.1477273424&productVariantExtensionId=49390701

(They sell these at my local grocery store BRAND NEW for $10 all the time, just need a club card)

please make a single post next time

also that link is broken

also an android phone lacks gpio pins and dedicated video output which makes the pi useful imo. I feel like it would take a lot more work to bother with an android phone than to just get a pi (which aren't sold out a lot these days, got mine within 2 days on adafruit)

4 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

please make a single post next time

also that link is broken

also an android phone lacks gpio pins and dedicated video output which makes the pi useful imo. I feel like it would take a lot more work to bother with an android phone than to just get a pi (which aren't sold out a lot these days, got mine within 2 days on adafruit)

Sorry about that, good point. Should have made one post. 

The android does have a screen, speaker, wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, cameras, built in storage, more RAM than some Pi's, you could do a lot with it. It's the Pixi Glitz btw, since the link is broken.

3 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Sorry about that, good point. Should have made one post.

Posts in here don't count so your spamming isn't doing anything other than annoy us.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv