32 Core, 64GB's of RAM Workstation

Hey guys, my rig is currently "complete" and I just wanted to show it off to you guys.

DSC_0106.jpg

It features the following:

• 2x Xeon E5-2670's
  • 2x Noctua 4U CPU Coolers
  • 4x 90MM Noctua NF-B9 PWM's
  • 2x 120MM Noctua NF-F12's
  • Intel S2600CP4 Server Motherboard
  • 16x 4GB's Samsung DDR3 ECC 1066Mhz RAM
  • EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ACX 2.0 Single Fan
  • EVGA 850 B2 Power Supply
  • 240GB OCZ Trion 150 SSD
  • 1TB Western Digital Blue
  • Rosewill 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card
  • C-MEDIA 5.1 Sound Card
  • Rosewill RSV-R4000 EATX Server Chassis

This build absolutely destroys every game I throw at it at 1080p, and even some games at 4k. Pretty dope.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Why so much CPU horsepower with a comparatively weak GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

i feel so inadequate with "only" 16gb of RAM

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I render a lot of videos and do a lot of 3D modeling so the extra CPU cores are really helpful, also because this build is super budget- with the core system coming in just under $1000. Also the 1060 is super powerful :P 

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Not everyone needs lots of GPU horsepower in their workstation.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

• 16x 4GB's Samsung DDR3 ECC 1033Mhz RAM

wat?  Really?  I didn't know that was even a speed you can get... and why so slow?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wat?  Really?  I didn't know that was even a speed you can get... and why so slow?

Sorry, meant 1066 and because it's super cheap and faster RAM doesn't seem to give a huge performance increase for my needs.

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Sorry, meant 1066 and because it's super cheap and faster RAM doesn't seem to give a huge performance increase for my needs.

ah, ok then :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Nice, for $1000 that's pretty crazy.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

ah, ok then :)

Yeah I paid something like $80 for 64GB's of RAM. The first time I bought 8GB's of RAM from corsair a few years ago it was $85 lol.

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

How much did you pay for the ram?

Yeah I paid something like $80 for 64GB's of RAM. The first time I bought 8GB's of RAM from corsair a few years ago it was $85 lol.

thats dirt cheap for 64GB of ECC RAM lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Bout $80.

WTF? That's like the price of 16GB non-ECC ram

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats dirt cheap for 64GB of ECC RAM lol

EBay is amazing, I bought four sets of 4x4GB's of DDR3 ECC of the same guy for $20 a set.

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Heres what task manager looks like.Capture.PNG

CLICKBAIT! It's only 16 cores, not 32. there are 32 threads!! /s

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

CLICKBAIT! It's only 16 cores, not 32. there are 32 threads!! /s

You caught me, fun fact- GTA 5 refused to run last night because of too many cores- so I had to change some settings in task manager to make it use less cores lol.

You caught me, fun fact- GTA 5 refused to run last night because of too many cores- so I had to change some settings in task manager to make it use less cores lol.

proof :P

Edited by KOMTechAndGaming
srsly proof :P

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB