Peripheral RGB upgrade! Need your halp.

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there guys, so i wanted to finally do a correct upgrade on my peripherals, which thanks to hard talk and long waiting, i got some free cash to do so ^^, up to 400€. (Ofc tough, i will keep my current keyboard, but for another machine (laptop comfort xD).

So, im feeling an RGB craze, especially after watching DB Super Episode 64, i just want a light teal blue like pulsing keyboard + mouse + mousepad xD!

Unfortunately, i came across what seemed like an epic deal, but since i live in a, excuse me, sheithole, nothing will get past customs and wont arrive here directly .--., at least without a 3rd supplier, which i do have, but they sell expensive things and im sure they wont provide a deal similar to the one below:

Mamba shopping cart.png - WONT SHIP TO MY LOCATION -> ...................

PS: I dont know if that was a good deal or not, but it certainly seemed great! Altough, my friggin postal code isnt accepted so its not even feasible -.-. Was that a good deal btw?

With as much as up to 400€ to spend now, i wanted to get the above mentioned items. So my list wasnt meant to change much from a thread i made previously about a keyboard i suppose?

Keyboard - K70 RGB Rapidfire, around 220€ (FML), but it is the one i need and is the one i want, period. Can get.

Mouse - I wanted this Mamba, since it was 179€, i saw unboxings and reviews and it looked godlike, doesnt has unecessarily too many buttons and design is spot on. Fast, accurate, lightweight and shiny. Think i can get.

Mousepad - Well i wanted either a Razer Firefly or the Corsair Polaris, altough from what ive seen the Polaris is better in terms of brightness and thickness, so i suppose thats the one id want to get, since this one above is just a no deal. Think i can get.

What you guys think? Any suggestions as to what i should consider (Must be RGB and top quality only, no low end or mid rangers? Thanks!

Groomlake Authority

To be honest it's down to personal preference when it comes to aesthetics. If you want the best performance and specs for your money, there are other brands that target that specifically, while maintaining a more understated, yet high quality look. I've got the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Deathadder Chroma and Vespula Mousepad. They're not the best performing peripherals on the market. But, I'm a big fan of their design, the colour green, and have generally had a good experience with the build quality.

If you're in it purely for crazy RGB colours and what not, choose what fits your taste and budget. I'm in £'s not Euros but that looks like a fair discount.

I was going to but the Firefly myself, just didn't like that fact of having a wired mousepad.

i7 5820K, 64GB DDR4 2400 Vengeance, GTX1080 Founders, Asus X99-A, H100i GTX, HX1200i, Samsung 840 Evo, Seagate 2TB 7200, Segate 1TB 7200, Corsair AF540.

2 minutes ago, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Yeah i totally want to dig in with RGB once and for all, for everything outside of my computer. Problem is, that same discount that razer shows in theyr website, i cant get it! It wont ship here! You think its worth to buy a K70 RGB Rapifire, a Razer Mamba Wireless and a Razer Firefly Hard or Corsair Polaris separately? Would be around 350€ in peripherals alone.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah i totally want to dig in with RGB once and for all, for everything outside of my computer. Problem is, that same discount that razer shows in theyr website, i cant get it! It wont ship here! You think its worth to buy a K70 RGB Rapifire, a Razer Mamba Wireless and a Razer Firefly Hard or Corsair Polaris separately? Would be around 350€ in peripherals alone.

Hmm, that's about £310. I spent about £125 + £70 + £30. So it's not crazy, but it's still a large investment for something isn't needed. 

At the end of the day it's your money and it's up to you. I've got about £3k+ in my setup. But I love computers, it's what I'm studying at Uni and pursuing as a career. So i'll happily spend every penny I earn on it. 

Can you not find the same products on Amazon? Will they not ship them too you?

i7 5820K, 64GB DDR4 2400 Vengeance, GTX1080 Founders, Asus X99-A, H100i GTX, HX1200i, Samsung 840 Evo, Seagate 2TB 7200, Segate 1TB 7200, Corsair AF540.

3 minutes ago, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Nope. Amazon.com wont ship here and if they do, the K70 was 179$ + 70$ in shipping, which is balls crazy :p. Dont even wanna know how much the Mamba would be. Also, im sorry, its gonna be closer to 500€ isntead.... friggin vat. Starting to think it aint worth it :(. Sigh.

Groomlake Authority

Nope. Amazon.com wont ship here and if they do, the K70 was 179$ + 70$ in shipping, which is balls crazy :p. Dont even wanna know how much the Mamba would be.

I'd try and find somewhere that sells as many of the products you want in one, then bundle that together to reduce or even eliminate shipping costs. Then buy the other product from elsewhere. 

Just now, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Well, like i said in the 1st square of text there is this local store, that has a supplier in the mainland and can get any Corsair product, for that matter. Dont know about Razer, but they sure sell it expensive. Maybe i could try and ask for a discount, but i dont know honestly how much he will charge.

Groomlake Authority

Well, like i said in the 1st square of text there is this local store, that has a supplier in the mainland and can get any Corsair product, for that matter. Dont know about Razer, but they sure sell it expensive. Maybe i could try and ask for a discount, but i dont know honestly how much he will charge.

Yeah you could try asking for a discount if you're purchasing a job-lot. Might have to go with Corsair if you can't realistically get the shipping for the Razer products. It's really solely down to what you want, and if you can get it, how cheap you can get it for.

11 minutes ago, TomPlum said:

-snip-

On theyr store website, altough the website doesnt even cover 30% of what products they can potentially have, they sell some Razer mouses and keyboards, lower end ones. Perhaps they are able to get a Mamba, cant tell for sure. Ill definetly try to get a discount, otherwise, if it goes over 400€, ill just forget it.

Groomlake Authority

On theyr store website, altough the website doesnt even cover 30% of what products they can potentially have, they sell some Razer mouses and keyboards, lower end ones. Perhaps they are able to get a Mamba, cant tell for sure.

Explain your problem to a staff member in the store. See what Razer products they can get hold of, and take it from there.

Just now, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Think they would ever lend the same discount (add a free firefly hard) as the one Razer applies on the official website?

Groomlake Authority

Think they would ever lend the same discount (add a free firefly hard) as the one Razer applies on the official website?

You'd have to check their policy on price matching. Some companies do, some don't.

Just now, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Theyr have a small business (store and a larger warehouse for the repairs, builds and alike), and you can say im a long date costumer, back from 2013. We had one big discrepancy before, but nonetheless im a regular costumer. They do clean my computer for free and if needed, change for new fans too. What would be great tough, would be getting the discount and maybe even pay on a monthly basis, like a 6-12 month without taxes.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Theyr have a small business (store and a larger warehouse for the repairs, builds and alike), and you can say im a long date costumer, back from 2013. We had one big discrepancy before, but nonetheless im a regular costumer. They do clean my computer for free and if needed, change for new fans too. What would be great tough, would be getting the discount and maybe even pay on a monthly basis, like a 6-12 month without taxes.

Fair enough. You'd also need to check if the offer financing over 12/24/36 months etc...

Just now, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Yeah, altough since the product is fairly cheap, for a 24-36 month plan, i think maybe a 60-70€ entry + the remainder in 12 months would be great. But im definetly not gonna pay 220€, 179€ + 74€ combined. Tomorrow i can check, since today bah Sunday :p.

Groomlake Authority

Yeah, altough since the product is fairly cheap, for a 24-36 month plan, i think maybe a 60-70€ entry + the remainder in 12 months would be great. But im definetly not gonna pay 220€, 179€ + 74€ combined. Tomorrow i can check, since today bah Sunday :p.

Yeah see what they offer tomorrow:)

3 minutes ago, TomPlum said:

-snip-

Alright thanks for all dem tips! Definetly looking forward for this being a sucess, but at least the keyboard ill definetly get. Gotta say tough, Razer Mamba comes in a metal box and the cable of that thing screams quality. And a charging dock xD!

Groomlake Authority

Alright thanks for all dem tips! Definetly looking forward for this being a sucess, but at least the keyboard ill definetly get. Gotta say tough, Razer Mamba comes in a metal box and the cable of that thing screams quality. And a charging dock xD!

No worries. I too enjoy nice packaging and braided cables :D Best of luck!

I have the following: Razer Mamba + Razer Firefly, Corsair Saber + Corsair Polaris + K70 RGB and the Asus Spatha.  

Both the Razer and Corsair software that sync up everything are both pretty awesome and work very well.

Between the Razer Firefly and the Corsair Polaris I give the edge to the Polaris for two reasons.  The first is the Firefly has bumps in the pad, where I'm assuming the RGB lights are so it isn't an even or completely smooth surface, the Polaris doesn't have any of these bumps and second the Polaris has an extra USB port, so I can plug it into my keyboard AND still have an open port for a USB flash drive or dongle.  I also like the lighting of the Polaris better.

The K70 Lux is a great keyboard, but I have always had an issue with the wrist rests which can break easily if you are moving it around.

Finally the mouse. I liked the Mamba well enough but I prefer heavier mice which is why i got the Spatha.  From a wireless standpoint the Asus Spatha is far superior and has virtually no dropoff from about a meter away.  The Mamba I have to have the wireless charger within about a foot or two and have to point it directly at the mouse.  Even then I get some latency issues from time to time.  I have had no such problem with the Spatha.  The Corsair Sabre is like 1/2 the weight of the Spatha and is WAAAAAY too light for me so I rarely use that at all.   Concerning lighting the Asus suits me, but sadly won't sync up with the Keyboard/mouse pad, still it is worth the trade off for me.  Both the Mamba and the Spatha do well when it comes to battery life, both lasting about a day of heavy usage.

As everyone else said, the end choice will be one of preference.   The Razer software is much easier to use than the Corsair, but the Corsair has the community which comes up with some nice effects, so in reality you really don't need to know anything other than how to load a profile.

Bottom line I use a Corsair Lux + Corsair Polaris and Asus Spatha mouse.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i