Corsair 380T Paint & Mod

RooR

Hello guys,

I am starting a new build which will have a water cooled GPU and CPU in my 380T.

If you are not familiar with the Corsair 380T... it is a very compact ITX case made to be portable and for LANs.

It will house the following.

Mobo: MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Mini-ITX 

CPU: I7 6700k

GPU: MSI Seahawk X 1070 (AIO water cooled)

RAM: 16 GB Gskill

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i

PSU: Corsair CM 750X

Fans: 120MM Thermaltake ring RGB

200mm Thermal take RED LED

After the first night of work the pictures below are of the 

-Disassembly

-Sanding

-Primer

I am using automotive paint and clearcoat. The colors will be Red/White/Black

Thanks for checking it out, and i will post more pictures of the painting process, and assembly once the modding and everything is complete!

Start.JPG

Half Teardown.JPG

Torn Down.JPG

Sanding.JPG

Hung.JPG

Primed.JPG

More Prime.JPG

Very jealous, I was never able to find a 380T for under $200 FeelsBadMan

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

17 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Very jealous, I was never able to find a 380T for under $200 FeelsBadMan

Yeah the case is pretty amazing, but horribly overpriced IMO.

Thanks bud, had some family issues that kinda threw a wrench in the progress this weekend. Everything is now completely primed, just have some sanding to do on the outer panels and then everything should be painted and clear coated this coming weekend. It is going to kill me to leave this un finished throughout the week!

So This coming weekend will be the finishing of the paint and clear coat.

Following that will be a test fit and cable management fit for the new custom cables. Then after everything is finished and no cuts will need to be made it will be re assembled in its entirely. I will post up pictures of everything along the way!

A fellow 380T user :D

I like how unique the case is, and the overall design is great :D

Only downside; the cable management options aren't very good.

@ItsTheDEMON1997, I am aware and its going to bug the fuck out of me. When I first do my install I have to get exact measurements for a cablemod order. Also am considering purchasing the  PSU extender piece from corsair, givce me a little more room under there.

2 hours ago, RooR said:

@ItsTheDEMON1997, I am aware and its going to bug the fuck out of me. When I first do my install I have to get exact measurements for a cablemod order. Also am considering purchasing the  PSU extender piece from corsair, givce me a little more room under there.

Is that so the PSU sticks out of the back a bit?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

17 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

Is that so the PSU sticks out of the back a bit?

Yes sir. That's exactly what it is.

almost everything is completely primed and ready for final paint, the cold weather and primer do not like each other... lots of sanding 

Guys/gals,

things have been pretty rough on this side of the fence with some family bullshit. 

Anyways,

the base coat coat for the most part is complete. Some minor sanding and such before we get to the clear coat . Here is a quick picture of the color scheme .:)

hopefully this weekend we will will have a complete build!

thanks guys!

IMG_9159.JPG

So after having reactions no matter what I seemed to do with the paint... the entire thing, every piece got wet sanded and coated again until damn near perfect as possible. 

This is everything all ready for clear coat which will be getting laid on in about 3 hours! 

IMG_9236.JPG

Jesus.... that last pic alone gave me a hard on. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Alright guys!

She is assembled... there are some spots in the paint that I am not too happy about... but for now I am going to leave her as she is and touch up a few rough spots in the clear coat.

Overall i am happy with the way it came out. I used automotive paint, so I am in around $400+ into this case... worth it in my opinion!

Next thing is next... time to stuff the hardware in!

I am just dreading when my cable mod order comes in, taking it all back apart and hoping I got the measurements correct. haha

2 minutes ago, RooR said:

I am just dreading when my cable mod order comes in, taking it all back apart and hoping I got the measurements correct. haha

Fingers crossed.   xD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 hours ago, Necrodead said:

Great painting! I love to see when someone spends a lot of time on something like that rather than throwing money at a build. Very cool paint job. 

Have you considered painting the mesh panels white? Just my 2c but i think it would look cool.

I've thought a couple of things like that, but I kind of like the mesh grills matching the feet and the i/o panel. 

If anything I almost went against the white right before clear coat and painted it all black and red. In the end the only thing I might change at this point is painting the back side of the inner metal frame black. 

EDIT: Thank you, btw! :)

Just a few more pictures.

I finally received my CableMod cables, so I am going to have to tear into this thing again :( 

It is for the best tho!

INSIDE VIEW.jpg

NOT LIGHT.JPG

SUPER LIGHT.JPG

EDIT: Apologies for the shitty pictures. It is a mix between a shit cellphone camera and bad lighting. After the cables are installed and I am happy with everything I will be posting up much better picutres,