A build for a noob(me )

loui578i

Hi 
 I am going to build my own Rig from scratch(not literally) but i just have a little idea, of what i could put in it and i would wonder if some of you people in here could maybe take a look at it? :)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Loui578i/saved/#view=hDhycf

and yes I am a noob at building rigs and all that... So that's why i'm seaking abit of help here to maybe add a few comments on if it would actually work if i bought it all as it is in the link? :)

What would you suggest instead of the GTX970? 

2 minutes ago, loui578i said:

What would you suggest instead of the GTX970? 

For around 20 dollars more you could get a 6gb 1060 what is your budget?

3 minutes ago, loui578i said:

my budget is £800

i might have went over a little, but if you can spare the 50, it could work

Just now, TLe6ix said:

i might have went over a little, but if you can spare the 50, it could work

oh by the way, if you plan to not over clock you can change it back to the h170 or so, the non overclockable mother boards

ok thanks :) I'll try my best to make the money work out :)

22 minutes ago, loui578i said:

Hi 
 I am going to build my own Rig from scratch(not literally) but i just have a little idea, of what i could put in it and i would wonder if some of you people in here could maybe take a look at it? :)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Loui578i/saved/#view=hDhycf

and yes I am a noob at building rigs and all that... So that's why i'm seaking abit of help here to maybe add a few comments on if it would actually work if i bought it all as it is in the link? :)

I only see one major red flag, everything else would be minor.

1. Get a different PSU. the EVGA NEX series is overpriced for its quality. Get a G2 unit if you want high quality, or consider Corsair RMX units for similar high quality quality. Seasonic also makes decent units as well. Corsair CMX (grey label) are often a good choice as well.

now down to the minor issues. You have a Z series board, which allows overclocking. You do not have an overclockable chip (you need a K-skew chip if you ant to overclock. if you don't want to overclock, you can get a cheaper motherboard. You should also consider an ATX motherboard if you can. You should buy memory in a kit, 2x8. in very rare cases you can get incompatibility issues if you don't (besides, its almost always cheaper to buy a kit). You also shouldn't need that many case fans. if you take the money you're wasting on fans, you could get a much better case, one that comes with decent stock fans already.

Another big point, is why are you buying outdated components? you should consider skylake. For about the same price you could get a computer that is significantly better (or something similar for much cheaper):

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ngpjGf

Also, your build didn't include any storage devices (i'm going to assume you are planning to reuse some from a current/older system or something)