What's up with the jump in USB prices?

Howlingwolf101

I haven't been here for a couple months so I might have missed something but what's up with the price of the SanDisk Ultra 128GB USB 3.0 (link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-128gb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-black/9044257.p?skuId=9044257) It's $120! I bought it for $30 back in March. Why the 4x increase in price? Anyone know?

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

No. Don't quote site that sells overpriced stuff. If by that rate GTX 1080 will cost the same as XP in SLI

Back to school maybe?

idk, if it helps, they have a price match guarantee if you'd still want to buy from them 

39 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Back to school maybe?

idk, if it helps, they have a price match guarantee if you'd still want to buy from them 

and some places will beat it by a certain percentage of the difference too, so situations like this are awesome for teaching them a lesson for being stupid :D 

Say they're selling it for $120, and another site has it for $30.  If they match and beat it by 5% (for example) you could get it for like $25.50 :)

(Though to be honest I don't think Best Buy does the difference beating)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.