Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edgar R. Zakarian

Anyone else feel like this?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I somewhat WANT my PC hardware to die, so I can have an excuse and clear conscience to upgrade >.>

It runs all the games at low-high settings depending on the game / Crossfire support.

But just wondering how much faster everything would be on a new hardware set. 6700k & 1070 gtx ^_^xD

Bought all parts Second-hand 3 years ago, and they JUST KEEP ON GOING. xD

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

2 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I somewhat WANT my PC hardware to die, so I can have an excuse and clear conscience to upgrade >.>

It runs all the games at low-high settings depending on the game / Crossfire support.

But just wondering how much faster everything would be on a new hardware set. 6700k & 1070 gtx ^_^xD

They will last for a few more years, i would but an i7 7700K when they come out and a GTX1070 (or RX490 if this comes out it might be good as well)

Main Rig

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 (4.2Ghz) | RAM: TeamDark DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX RX480 8GB OC (1337Mhz) | PSU: CoolerMaster CM Storm 600W | MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 3 | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG Black/White | STORAGE: 128GB Samsung SSD + 2x2TB Samsung 7200RPM HDD | SCREEN: LG 25UM58-P 25" IPS 21:9 Ultrawide 2560x1080p + 2 x Dell 16:10 Non-IPS 1440x900p | AUDIO: Logitech G430 + Shure SM58 + Focusrite Solo | Keyboard: CoolerMaster MK750 | Mouse: G.Skill MX750 |

Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7 7500U 3.5Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | GPU: Radeon R7 M445 4GB | SCREEN: 1920x1080 15.6" Non-IPS

Just buy a cat. That will teach your hardware.

Seriously, have you ever seen a glass survive a day on the counter when the cat's around?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

My guess is you'll feel just as guilty still if you knowingly kill it yourself... just sell it!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Seriously, have you ever seen a glass survive a day on the counter when the cat's around?

raw

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Or just replace your PSU with the cheapest thing you can find on Amazon

PSU Tier List LTT Gender Survey

LTT's self-appointed memelord

Always up for a game of chess

See @STRMfrmXMN @Energycore or @Starelementpoke for PSU needs

See @deXxterlab97 for blue fetishes (if that's your thing)

See @ShadowTechXTS for cats

@Implosivetech's got you covered for all your graphic design needs

And lastly, never put a CX green series PSU in a high end build https://youtu.be/Oybz5Q-If9M?t=7

16 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I feel like that with my monitors and tv's. I want my dells to die so I have an excuse to buy another ultrawide and I want my TV's to die so I have an excuse to buy a projector

Rig 1 - Windows 10 Edu | Asus Sabertooth TUF x99 | i7 6800k @ 4.4ghz | 2 x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200mhz | Gigabyte g1 Gaming GTX 980ti 6gb | Samsung Evo 960 500gb + 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | 2 x Dell u2713hm + LG 34uc87c | XPS 15 9560

Rig 2 - Windows 10 Edu | Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H | i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz | 4x 8gb Corsair XMS | Samsung 840 Pro 256gb + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX650 | Dell S2415H

Nuke Explosion..gif

Problem solved....

Anyway. Would say you can start with a GPU upgrade first. Meanwhile you can wait till Kaby/Zen comes and either go with new gen stuff if it's worth it or go current gen Intel for lower price.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

Nuke Explosion..gif

Problem solved....

Anyway. Would say you can start with a GPU upgrade first. Meanwhile you can wait till Kaby/Zen comes and either go with new gen stuff if it's worth it or go current gen Intel for lower price.

I don't think you can set a nuclear explosion small enough to kill just the PC...

#physics

#fuckit

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

If my hardware died, I'd be fucked. I have no money to replace any of the expensive components. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

8 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I don't think you can set a nuclear explosion small enough to kill just the PC...

#physics

#fuckit

Then bring it somewhere, so that you can watch big fireworks... :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Well, simply wanting better performance seems to me like a valid excuse to upgrade your PC, assuming you can afford it without making too many compromises on other things.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If my hardware died, I'd be fucked. I have no money to replace any of the expensive components. 

Linus doesn't pay you enough??? :ph34r:

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Sort of.  I have no pressing need to upgrade my CPU, but I think when Zen drops I'll do it anyway.  Going to run some benchmarks before/after to see what tangible performance gains there are.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Linus doesn't pay you enough??? :ph34r:

My work as a forum moderator is purely volunteer. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm in the same boat. If I were to lose hardware now, I'd be completely fucked unless warranty saved my ass. Like I could replace the mobo alone, if I could find a good Z97 board second hand, and I might even be able to replace the CPU with like a 4690k or 4790k if I absolutely had to. But if like my loop leaked all over the place or I lost my GPU? Yeah, I'd be without a decent PC for a long time.

Unemployment is hell.

1st 

i7 4770k 4.3GHz 1.3v @ H2O  - ASUS Z97-AR - 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133MHz - Palit GTX 1070 FE 2150MHz / 2430MHz @ H2O - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB  - 2x WD Green 1TB WD Blue 4TB EVGA Supernova 750 G2 - FD Define S -  24'' 1080p@144hz - G400s & G11Superlux HD681 EVO | Custom ekwb loop 

2nd

i5-2500k - Scythe Kotetsu - ASUS P8Z77-V - 2x4GB HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 1.65V - XFX R9 290 Core Edition - 500GB WD 7200rpm - Seasonic S12II-620w - FD Core 2300 - 27'' 1080p@60hz

3rd

Core 2 Quad Q9450 - Noctua NH-U9S - Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3 - 2x2GB Adata DDR2-800 - ASUS Radeon EAH5850 - 160GB Seagate x2 7200rpm - LC-Power LC8700 - NZXT HUSH Silver - 24'' 1080p@60hz

Liquid cooling since 2002.

4 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I could buy more if I had to but I really don't want to... our currency is still terrible so for every $200 or so of actual product you buy, you flush another $100 down the toilet for no reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Jed M said:

"Solutions":

• Water
  • Hammer
  • Let it "slip" off a high building or surface.

Or you know, sell the parts and use the money to buy a new system that way you save some money :)

This: sell parts.  Make money.  That way you defray the cost of new parts and maybe your parts go to loving new home.  ?

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I could buy more if I had to but I really don't want to... our currency is still terrible so for every $200 or so of actual product you buy, you flush another $100 down the toilet for no reason.

Why is your money weak?  Any facts or theories?

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I prefer bunnies myself.  They're just fluffy and adorable with 0% evil.  ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I prefer bunnies myself.  They're just fluffy and adorable with 0% evil.  ?

Chinchillas are preferential if I have to choose Rodentia.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why is your money weak?  Any facts or theories?

oil