We're out of ideas (Pre-production Job Announcement)

31 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Don't know if it's possible or not. How about a virtual tour of the LMG office for those who owns a VR headset. Those who don't can't also view it like Google street view? Maybe make the virtual office tour also into a game or something. 

That would be awesome!

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:12 AM, nicklmg said:

Submit your application: http://bit.ly/2dvJBhy

This came sooner than I expected :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, Runefox said:

I've got a few questions:

1) The YouTube video had a comment (now buried) saying something about the form being fixed. What was the issue? I submitted an application within the first hour of its publication, should I contact someone?

2) What timeframe would applicants be waiting on for further instructions? I thought I'd read something saying 48 - 72 hours, but I could just be crazy because I can't find that now.

3) What is the closing / decision date for the position?

And I made a mistake in the form. @nicklmg totally ignored my post and I've even sent an e-mail to @LinusTech but he hasn't replied yet. I don't really want to lose this opportunity because of such a mistake. I AM eligible! I couldn't even sleep last night!!

If the staff is reading this post, please be reasonable and contact me ASAP.

Or tell me how to contact someone that can help me.

25 minutes ago, nastys said:

And I made a mistake in the form. @nicklmg totally ignored my post and I've even sent an e-mail to @LinusTech but he hasn't replied yet. I don't really want to lose this opportunity because of such a mistake. I AM eligible! I couldn't even sleep last night!!

If the staff is reading this post, please be reasonable and contact me ASAP.

Or tell me how to contact someone that can help me.

I have to say that the first thing that came to mind when reading this was "Why would you want to work with people who are unreasonable, and ignore you?"

14 minutes ago, AlexMc said:

I have to say that the first thing that came to mind when reading this was "Why would you want to work with people who are unreasonable, and ignore you?"

I never said they are unreasonable. Maybe he didn't reply yesterday because it was Sunday.

Or maybe I sent it to the wrong address (LinusMediaGroup@gmail.com). There has to be a way to contact them directly... Maybe I should send a PM to Linus?

Where is USB typewriter? watercooled PS4 is on vessel, is that too?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

Where is USB typewriter? watercooled PS4 is on vessel, is that too?

They're all on Vessel. I think they're starting to forget that most people don't use Vessel.

3 hours ago, nastys said:

I never said they are unreasonable. Maybe he didn't reply yesterday because it was Sunday.

Or maybe I sent it to the wrong address (LinusMediaGroup@gmail.com). There has to be a way to contact them directly... Maybe I should send a PM to Linus?

He never reads his notifications or messages. Send one to Nicklmg and Slick.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Applied for a work permit and the job application yesterday. Betting big. Luckily I'm in the perfect place in my life to relocate and start something new.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

He never reads his notifications or messages. Send one to Nicklmg and Slick.

Thanks. I've sent a message to @Slick but he hasn't connected in a while. Please reply as soon as you can, @Slick. You're my last resort...

Just now, nastys said:

Thanks. I've sent a message to @Slick but he hasn't connected in a while. Please reply as soon as you can, @Slick. You're my last resort...

Also include NickLMG, beyond that you'll just have to wait.

1 minute ago, nastys said:

Most likely both @Slick and @nicklmg are still asleep at this hour, but here's hoping they get back to you. I'd also like to know if I should contact someone because of the form thing (see my post above).

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Also include NickLMG, beyond that you'll just have to wait.

He ignored my post (in this very thread) so I assume he can't help me (otherwise, @nicklmg please contact me immediately).

Normally, I would wait but in this case, I don't know when the form is going to expire.

Maybe I should just use another Google account and contact them afterwards, to tell them to watch out for duplicate entries (and that's exactly what I'm going to do tonight if I don't get a reply).

8 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Most likely both @Slick and @nicklmg are still asleep at this hour, but here's hoping they get back to you. I'd also like to know if I should contact someone because of the form thing (see my post above).

If I manage to get in touch with someone, I'll ask them about your first question, but if you are eligible etc... you should be or have been contacted back in 24-72 hours.

2 minutes ago, nastys said:

If I manage to get in touch with someone, I'll ask them about your first question, but if you are eligible etc... you should be or have been contacted back in 24-72 hours.

I'm guessing today is the day they'll be sending the further instructions, unless others have already received theirs. I considered sending an e-mail to info@linusmediagroup.com but while that's the "official" method, this form is the preferred method for this specific posting. I might do it anyway though if I don't hear back.

On 21 October 2016 at 10:58 PM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

The videos don't necessary need to be longer, for example you can fit the .1% and .01% on the same graph scene, adding more games would just be a few more graphs or they could just shrink the graphs to fit more values. I know that sounds bad they they have a ton of wasted real estate now. Seriously most of their benchmarks have like 3 Y values and huge spaces. As long as they don't explain every single little thing (which they shouldn't anyway) the videos could for the most part stay the same length. 

Wouldnt mind buying linus a copy of bf1 for Christmas So he can benchmark it

3 hours ago, Runefox said:

I'm guessing today is the day they'll be sending the further instructions, unless others have already received theirs. I considered sending an e-mail to info@linusmediagroup.com but while that's the "official" method, this form is the preferred method for this specific posting. I might do it anyway though if I don't hear back.

Relax, I´m sure they are overwhelmed by the incredible amount of google forms that they might have recived, and bussy trying to figure out some method to wipe all the kids from there so their  e-mail doesn´t explode when sending further instructions.

Just now, elHOMBREdelSACOk said:

Relax, I´m sure they are overwhelmed by the incredible amount of google forms that they might have recived, and bussy trying to figure out some method to wipe all the kids from there so their  e-mail doesn´t explode when sending further instructions.

Yeah, that too. My concern is mostly the fact that the form supposedly had an issue at one point, so I'm wondering if I got "lost in the mail". Guess I should just hurry up and wait.

19 hours ago, Runefox said:

I've got a few questions:

1) The YouTube video had a comment (now buried) saying something about the form being fixed. What was the issue? I submitted an application within the first hour of its publication, should I contact someone?

2) What timeframe would applicants be waiting on for further instructions? I thought I'd read something saying 48 - 72 hours, but I could just be crazy because I can't find that now.

3) What is the closing / decision date for the position?

Hopefully the answers to these questions will help other applicants in sussing out the details of the... Unorthodox application process necessitated by the apparently-too-complicated process of making sure you're actually able to work in Canada before applying.

1. Was set as private to the organization, had to set it public so that people could actually submit through it. If you submitted, you should be fine.

2. TBD - I don't think a timeline was ever given, and people have to remember that there are like 2-3 people here that would potentially be working on this (while completing the rest of the work required in our already busy schedules and observing things like weekends :P), while there are potentially thousands of applicants. I'll see if I can get an update on timing today but I'm certainly not going to guarantee it.

3. TBD. Decision date will not be for a LONG time as, again, we could potentially have hundreds or even THOUSANDS of resumes to go through for just 2-3 positions. Once resumes are done you get into phone/Hangouts interviews, aptitude tests, in-person interviews, trials, etc... Will probably be a couple months before we actually have anyone here in office as a result of this posting (especially if they end up relocating). If you don't hear back within a few weeks, then unfortunately you didn't make it to through the initial round. It's unfortunate that we can't update every single person, but that's just the way a hiring process usually has to work.

@nicklmg yup, that's about what I was expecting. Really my major question was the Google forms bit, the others are more curiosity than anything. I imagine the process is as you've said going to be long and difficult for you guys given the publicity of the recruitment video and the subsequent volume of requests. I wish you the best of luck in finding the best fits for the positions - be it including myself or otherwise - preferably without pulling all your hair out in the process.

Thanks for responding all the same, it's very appreciated and hopefully others can get some sense of how the whole process is going to play out.

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

2. TBD - I don't think a timeline was ever given, and people have to remember that there are like 2-3 people here that would potentially be working on this (while completing the rest of the work required in our already busy schedules and observing things like weekends :P), while there are potentially thousands of applicants. I'll see if I can get an update on timing today but I'm certainly not going to guarantee it.

@nicklmg Everybody is somewhat impatient and nervous that they have not yet heard back yet because at the end of the forum after you hit submit it says something like "Thank you for your submission, you should hear back within 24-48 hours." so I think it is a misunderstanding more than anything.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

1 minute ago, Justin_ said:

@nicklmg Everybody is somewhat impatient and nervous that they have not yet heard back yet because at the end of the forum after you hit submit it says something like "Thank you for your submission, you should hear back within 24-48 hours." so I think it is a misunderstanding more than anything.

Is that where I remember that from? Makes sense I haven't seen it twice, then. Good call.

3 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Oh... well there ya go, that makes sense lol. That seems like Linus just being overly ambitious LOL.

Should hear back "soon" but I'm not quite sure what "soon" means yet :P

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Oh... well there ya go, that makes sense lol. That seems like Linus just being overly ambitious LOL.

Should hear back "soon" but I'm not quite sure what "soon" means yet :P

Linus? Being overly ambitious? Perish the thought! :P

9 hours ago, nicklmg said:

1. Was set as private to the organization, had to set it public so that people could actually submit through it. If you submitted, you should be fine.

3. TBD. Decision date will not be for a LONG time as, again, we could potentially have hundreds or even THOUSANDS of resumes to go through for just 2-3 positions. Once resumes are done you get into phone/Hangouts interviews, aptitude tests, in-person interviews, trials, etc... Will probably be a couple months before we actually have anyone here in office as a result of this posting (especially if they end up relocating). If you don't hear back within a few weeks, then unfortunately you didn't make it to through the initial round. It's unfortunate that we can't update every single person, but that's just the way a hiring process usually has to work.

So you don't want to help me because there are too many requests already. But that's not fair and I'm really upset about it.

6 hours ago, Justin_ said:

When I completed my form I remember there was a "good bye" message saying  something about 24-72 hours.

Don´t worry we are patient

I would apply if I had time. And lived in Canada. And didn't think doing so would horribly damage the timeline. 

I look forward to seeing some cool new content though! 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-