We're out of ideas (Pre-production Job Announcement)

Damn, I'd love this job.

Pity about the requirement to move to Vancouver... eh

I love back bacon, maple syrup, and pop too!

Just quit my position at Intel to take up something more up my alley. Am submitting my application for sure. Have been working at Android Authority on the side but would love to write for LMG as well!

he mentioned watercooled ps4 as a previous video i dont remember that? did they never release it or did i just miss it?

I lurk a lot

Too bad Im not creative

And bad at things

And not canadian

Btw pls make more videos about programming.

17 minutes ago, peej said:

he mentioned watercooled ps4 as a previous video i dont remember that? did they never release it or did i just miss it?

It is still on Vessel, should be on YouTube in a few days.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I do not live in Vancouver and unfortunately I am not very good at writing, although I could make a different offer:

Every now and then you discuss Topics that are more related to cutting edge Technology developement (computer related research and physics). One Topic that came up a few times, for example in the WAN-Show, was quantum computing. Unfortunately there was not any real Information or context given. I am studying physics at Unviersity and quite enjoy explaining stuff to people. I do not pretend to being able to explain quantum computing in a way that gives in depth Information and is super funny and interesting at the same time. What I can do however is provide context that gives a better perspective and is more useful than  " This is a Thing. Or ist it? ..."

I can do fact-checking, give some interesting context to more complicated Topics (i.e. what could/would quantum computing mean for gamers) and give ideas for crazy Projects.

2 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

I have an idea, what about a video on boot times, game loading times and real world read and write speed comparisons between SATA SSDs ( old and new ones ) and PCIe SSDs ?

Since they would likely use fresh copies of Windows, they wouldn't see much change. When you start loading up on heavy startup programs, boot times become a bit faster on PCIe. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well this should be interesting to see what happens with LMG over the next few months :D

Perhaps have the final candidates submit scripts for actual videos, and have the community vote on them... cream of the crop.

Side-note: I'm sure there's a plan already in place though.

I submitted my application as well.

The worst they can say is "No.", what's to lose?

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

So I completed the super short page of the application, am I expected to get an email in the near future to continue the application if I meet the criteria?

Heres a simple video idea.Look at some of the old games that have been remastered, for example the bioshock games.Then using the best , or common,computer hardware from the time the game was originally released try to run the new games and see how well they perform. 

Cpu: I5 4690K@4.2Ghz  Gpu: Gtx 970 (MSIRAMHyperX FURY Series (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1866 MHz

It´s going to be hard seeing someone else accomplishing my dream... any way, waiting for the email to come 9_9

I really enjoy when you make videos where you use tech  in creative ways (like on X gamers 1 cpu, or rack gaming pc...), I have a lot of cool projects here that I think you could use, and may be more DIY videos (desk pc, vr backpack and so on).

Your channels have more potential than any other tech related channel by far. I would love to help you :)

On 10/21/2016 at 10:12 PM, nicklmg said:

Submit your application: http://bit.ly/2dvJBhy

Help, I made a mistake in the form. I said that I'm not "eligible to work in Canada" but I actually am, I just have to request a work permit (I thought it included having one right now).

Should I submit the correct form using another Google account or contact you privately?

I have experience with 3D modelling & rendering, programming, testing, operating systems, and of course, ideas.

Please reply ASAP.

On 10/21/2016 at 6:42 PM, suchamoneypit said:

@nicklmg you should also make a suggestions form or something. You have a massive fanbase with tens of thousands of potential ideas, a few more writers will be useful, but nothing compares to the ability to tap into that pool of ideas; you could even have one of the new writer's jobs be to go over these submissions for input.

We've had a video idea suggestion thread for years. When there are good ideas posted there, they're investigated.

ESD test on different components to the point of failure.

Basically run around on a shaggy carpet in your socks and touch working components.  Install them and test.  Rinse repeat.  It could be good for a video.

10 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

We've had a video idea suggestion thread for years. When there are good ideas posted there, they're investigated.

Mind linking it? I can't find it stickied/pinned anywhere (probably a post worth doing to) and I would assume it would be under LTT Official or something. And out of curiosity, do you read every suggestion? That would be a key part of the thread being useful.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

16 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

5 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Mind linking it? I can't find it stickied/pinned anywhere (probably a post worth doing to) and I would assume it would be under LTT Official or something. And out of curiosity, do you read every suggestion? That would be a key part of the thread being useful.

Do you mean video suggestion thread for Techquickie?

If so, I can link it if you want, @suchamoneypit

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Do you mean video suggestion thread for Techquickie?

If so, I can link it if you want, @suchamoneypit

I more interested in one for the main LTT channel

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I more interested in one for the main LTT channel

Ah, I thought you meant that one lol :P It's probably outdated because Nick did say "..for years........" so.... it could(?) have possibly gotten lost :(

Still want the link for the Techquickie one anyways? I've linked it below.

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Just now, nicklmg said:

Well im aware of that thread, but thats purely for product reviews. LTT does a lot more than just product reviews nowadays with stuff like Holy Shit and Luke's workshop stuff, pimp my wifi, ect. That thread isn't for any of that.

2 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

That or... when people decide to make a new topic everytime in the General Discussion area of the forum regarding [Said_Idea] :P:dry:

I've got a few questions:

1) The YouTube video had a comment (now buried) saying something about the form being fixed. What was the issue? I submitted an application within the first hour of its publication, should I contact someone?

2) What timeframe would applicants be waiting on for further instructions? I thought I'd read something saying 48 - 72 hours, but I could just be crazy because I can't find that now.

3) What is the closing / decision date for the position?

Hopefully the answers to these questions will help other applicants in sussing out the details of the... Unorthodox application process necessitated by the apparently-too-complicated process of making sure you're actually able to work in Canada before applying.

Don't know if it's possible or not. How about a virtual tour of the LMG office for those who owns a VR headset. Those who don't, can also view it like Google street view? Maybe make the virtual office tour also into a game or something. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list