We're out of ideas (Pre-production Job Announcement)

I would like to but I could not because I live in Malaysia but I could help Linus Tech Tips group by giving some video idea's .Sorry Linus Hope you could accept my video idea. I will send by tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see you do a scale out storage system with low cost nodes that documents the process as you scale it out from a base of 3 nodes up to say 6, testing performing along the way. Limiting the cost of each node with 3-4 drives to 400-500 dollars each.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

I couldn't apply for the job but I'd like to see more blind tests. More can you tell if this is a PC/Console. Can you tell the difference between a $20 headset and a $300 headset. You could legitimately do a lot of this with anything kind of product for CSF. 

• 2 weeks later...

damn.

I cant spell very well or use very good grammar, i dont live canada and im a bit think. any jobs for someone like me?? lol

On 1/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, NavXIII said:

@nicklmg Any final updates? =)

We're in the final stages - anyone who hasn't heard back at this point is very unlikely to hear back in this round of hiring.

Next hiring round should be done as a reality show and posted on the channel week by week as the applicants are whittled down.

@nicklmg

I would like you to check out these few ideas and maybe you'll find at least one very interesting. I didn't apply for a job, these will be free of charge if you decide accept any. Buckle up. ;)

-         Review new and popular SSDs (120GB included). Add battery life to reviews because people from the 3rd world countries who can’t afford to buy expensive parts will appreciate more information, myself included.

-       

Pay more attention to Linux OS. Maybe redo installation process for new Ubuntu versions (example, Ubuntu MATE, maybe you can even get an interview with Martin Wimpress). Definitely prank AMD and NVidia for their driver support. It’s known to be problematic, especially AMD. For the last part here you can do a video if Linux can replace Windows for everyday use (office/school/university).

-        

Organize design contest for LMG T-Shirt motive and make awards symbolic for the effort (nothing big or too much). In my opinion, organize it not more than 3 times a year.

-        

Organize campaign (please not like Hilary and Trump FFS!) and get donations to bring 1 viewer to experience few work days in LMG (random.org). Should not be organized too often because it can easily get out of control.

-        

NVidia, Intel, AMD Fan Wars (not literally)

NIA (NVidia, Intel, AMD) Fan Wars GAME RULES:

- 1st CPU/GPU design - cosplay + “weapons” for the fan wars (10 hours split in 2 days) (inspired by a lot of parts dead/working parts from your office decoration videos)

·        Pick a winner of cosplay and weapons

·        Add some combat games and base winners points by choice (for example, Mortal Combat. Sorry, I don’t know any other descent game)

·        Alternatives to cosplay+weapons are: drawing, crafting, scavenging, painting…

- 2nd Hit-Miss Benchmark - play darts (not any app or game for any platform) to score higher stress benchmark. I suggest one full match because it can last for some time if the players are bad. (alternatives: basketball, soccer, etc.)

- 3rd Games Benchmarks, fast walking contest, snowman building (“Winter Is Coming”), racing with mini formulas(I can’t remember the word for it), etc. Use stopwatch as well.

- 4th Customer issues - find people who don’t know much about PCs and have troubles with it. All competitors will have to give their best to troubleshoot the problem. Choose winner by the best review of customer support or customer complaint. (This one can be a game for itself because it can be challenging)

Additional rules:

-         NVidia and Intel brands will each have a right to cheat once because of the lawsuits (in game #1 or #3). I’m not familiar if AMD has had some serious lawsuit. If AMD has troubles with the lawsuits on the same and similar level like Intel and NVidia then this rule DOESN’T APPLY.

-         If the rule above applies, Linus MUST always play AMD brand to make sure he doesn’t cheat (Just joking). All players MUST change brands in the next series of games.

-         If the cosplay is in the game, previous AMD GPUs ran hotter which means AMD player must have huge layer of materials around him/her OR massive things on parts of the body or weapons to keep it cool. NVidia has 3.5 GB memory on GTX 970 and some small part of the cosplay must be ripped apart by other two competitors. Intel player has to have the best cosplay because Intel is in the lead position on CPU market for some time. If Intel player doesn’t have the best cosplay at the end of game 1, player falls to the last place, a bit behind the 3rd player.

• 4 weeks later...

So who made it??? We will find out in the videos, but I was wondering with forum users who won as we will out there real name, but not their forum name.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

• 1 month later...

This may be a bit of topic but is there a thread where we here on the forum can post ideas? I know there is one for review requests but I would want to share a non-review idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 2:31 PM, TheValiantSoul said:

This may be a bit of topic but is there a thread where we here on the forum can post ideas? I know there is one for review requests but I would want to share a non-review idea.

Maybe we should make one

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:27 PM, -TesseracT- said:

Which video was about the watercooled PS4?

Watercooling a PS4 is like a Fat Kid who plays no sports drinking Gatorade