Well that was terrifying

Brian McKee
6 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

Since I have eczma, dust is a huge problem for me. I'm sure there's a full copy of me inside my keyboard by now.

i had eczema for years, bothers the shit outta me

haven't cleaned my keyboard in a while. i should do that lol 

this thread became more about people revealing how filthy they are lol

edit: minus the health conditions, cant hate on that

Photography / Finance / Gaming

And that's why we use floating key design boards, not an issue for me ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

15 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Yeah I love the Twins, they're awesome. I didn't even know they had Amiibo for them.

Only Mabel so far. Poor Sabel :(

TP9RA9NddZy-q1pMFxnMJr1HuCst809B.png

1 hour ago, Pyrii said:

Since I have eczma, dust is a huge problem for me. I'm sure there's a full copy of me inside my keyboard by now.

I've had that too but either I've grown out of it or my efforts to adjust my habits have kept me from getting flare ups.

It seems what helps (at least for me) is avoiding using soap too often.  Also things with lots of scents of them such as again soaps with a very strong scent.  I'm not saying never wash areas you get eczema with soap but minimize the frequency you do so within reason of course.  That may help.

1 hour ago, Brian McKee said:

Yeah I love the Twins, they're awesome. I didn't even know they had Amiibo for them.

There's amiibo for sooo many things.  I only have the Zelda amiibo and the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo that came with the HD Twilight Princess game but they're pretty cool.  I want to get the normal Link amiibo and a few others like one of the Peach amiibo.  The one where she has a decent looking dress not the bland looking one where it's like a solid block.  

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

i had eczema for years, bothers the shit outta me

haven't cleaned my keyboard in a while. i should do that lol 

Reducing how often you use soap helps in my experience.  Not never using it of course.  Just using it less often when possible to avoid it.  Like using gloves when cleaning so you don't have to wash your hands after.. Also avoiding heavily scented things helps too I've been told.

1 hour ago, Oscargot said:

And that's why we use floating key design boards, not an issue for me ;)

What does floating key mean in terms of a keyboard?

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What does floating key mean in terms of a keyboard?

It means there's no top shell, the key switches themselves are exposed

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

14 minutes ago, Oscargot said:

It means there's no top shell, the key switches themselves are exposed

Can you show me a picture of your keyboard please?

I don't understand how that's supposed to work..

34 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Can you show me a picture of your keyboard please?

I don't understand how that's supposed to work..

4f2ff1737d.png

Just now, Oscargot said:

4f2ff1737d.png

Ohhhh!  So you have keycaps on it but there's nothing directly under them.  Is there any benefit to that design besides being easy to clean?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Ohhhh!  So you have keycaps on it but there's nothing directly under them.  Is there any benefit to that design besides being easy to clean?

imo it looks a lot nicer and LEDs spread out their light a lot more, especially with the slightly reflective metal backplate

Just now, Oscargot said:

imo it looks a lot nicer and LEDs spread out their light a lot more, especially with the slightly reflective metal backplate

Cool.  What brand is your keyboard? 

What kind of switches does it use?