Wireless mouse question (G900)

VoxPopuli
Go to solution Solved by Gonio,
1 hour ago, VoxPopuli said:

Even when I turn lighting completely off in LGS, it lits up. :o

Maybe I should just cover with it some clothes or whatever when charging... 

Aye or turn the mouse so that the lights are not visible. You are asleep anyway :)

Hi everyone. I got new G900 recently. This is my very first wireless mouse so I have some questions.

1. Plugging the receiver not directly to the motherboard, but in the usb hub (actually it's a monitor) can add extra latency?

2. I charge it when I sleep. But the battery indicator LED's kinda annoying. Any way to turn off LED when charging?

and is it safe to charge with adapter-powered USB hub when PC is off? My phone has been charged with it flawlessly.

Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, VoxPopuli said:

Hi everyone. I got new G900 recently. This is my very first wireless mouse so I have some questions.

1. Plugging the receiver not directly to the motherboard, but in the usb hub (actually it's a monitor) can add extra latency?

2. I charge it when I sleep. But the battery indicator LED's kinda annoying. Any way to turn off LED when charging?

and is it safe to charge with adapter-powered USB hub when PC is off? My phone has been charged with it flawlessly.

Thanks in advance!

have you downloaded the logitech software and see if there is an option to switch off lighting? it should be fine to charge it with the usb hub and i think it will add no latency but the question is have you noticed any latency if not its good....

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

2 is no problem. Also do that with my G700 and is fine. The leds I doubt you can disable, but if it's possible check the software.

1 is a bit more a guess. But think you are fine. However a direct connection is overall prefered by everything, so would say it also applies for this. But jsut try it. If no problems you are good.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just now, LukaH said:

have you downloaded the logitech software and see if there is an option to switch off lighting? it should be fine to charge it with the usb hub and i think it will add no latency but the question is have you noticed any latency if not its good....

Yes. Installed LGS but no clue. :/

I tried both ways to plug it but it wasn't that different. Good news, right? xD

4 minutes ago, Gonio said:

2 is no problem. Also do that with my G700 and is fine. The leds I doubt you can disable, but if it's possible check the software.

1 is a bit more a guess. But think you are fine. However a direct connection is overall prefered by everything, so would say it also applies for this. But jsut try it. If no problems you are good.

1 hour ago, VoxPopuli said:

Aye or turn the mouse so that the lights are not visible. You are asleep anyway :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

@VoxPopuli

If I were you, I would just get some electrical tape and put it over the led. That's what I do to all my electronics with leds

3 hours ago, Gonio said:

Unfortunately G900's shape is kinda awkward to put tape on leds.. :/ 

Also tape will leave horrible stickies on $150 mouse. Holy..