980Ti won't boost clock speed while not using PC

So this is a problem i've had since the latest window's update and driver update for my GPU from nvidia, while using my PC and folding the GPU will boost to my OC of 1500 Mhz no problem, but when left folding overnight it will only fold at the GPU's base clock (1139 Mhz), as soon as I turn the screen back on in the morning it boost's back up to my OC of 1500 Mhz, obivously this causes my PPD during the night to drop from an average of 600k to around 450k or so on average.

Has anyone else had a similar problem since the latest driver and window's update? if so is there a known cause?

hmm interesting, during the day while i'm using my PC (lightly i might add, writing documents ect) it runs at the boost clock all day without a problem, no crashes ect, and the same before the latest driver update, it would fold day and night, 24/7 at 1500 Mhz (except when it hit thermal limits due to higher temperature's of course) without crashing or any problems at all, the problem is only during the night while i'm not actively using the computer, and then as soon as I click on anything it will immediately boost back up to 1500 Mhz and sit at that all day unless i leave the computer to sit for long enough for my screen to go into standby mode (mind you screen only, due to folding I never have my PC sleep or turn off)

I have noticed this too F@H for some reason doesn't use the boost clock but when I play games or anything else it will boost up.

Very odd behavior.  I have two 980Tis myself and never seen them do such.

I have not tried the latest drivers since once I find a good stable driver I will use it for 6+ months or longer.  Have you tried a older driver to see if the card still does that behavior?

Also, as stated above ensure you have in the control panel the performance set to maximum performance.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU