Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R3-Flex

Need some quick thoughts/suggestions for my new build.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i have chosen this config for my future rig :

MOBO :      MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard 

CPU :          AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition FX-4300 3.8GHz Processor 

MEMORY : Kingston FURY Memory - 8GB Module - DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM (2 4GB sticks)
PSU :          Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series VS650 650 Watt Power Supply Unit 
CASE :        Circle Gaming Cabinet CC 821 without SMPS (with 3 LED FAN)

GPU :          Sapphire Radeon RX 460 2GB

HDD :          My old samsung HDD im currently using

Just want some general suggestions and thoughts on this, i plan to  buy it next year as soon as my current machine has a buyer. 

i intend to use it as a mid tier gaming rig , and i already have a monitor and other shit. 

Well im not intellectually equipped with knowledge about amd cpu but i suggest  at least upgrading the rx 460 to 4gb and instead of using hdd use an ssd 

Posted · Original PosterOP

+

Just now, rwaalph said:

Well im not intellectually equipped with knowledge about amd cpu but i suggest  at least upgrading the rx 460 to 4gb and instead of using hdd use an ssd 

well my RX 460 is brand new , i cant just buy a new one :/ and SSD's are too expensive for me , maybe i'll buy one a few years from now , but at present , my wallet cannot handle that high tech.

Going with an FX build right now is a waste of money, even at your budget. Since you're not buying until next year, wait for AMD and Intel to release their new architectures.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

Go for an i3-6100 and a compatible motherboard rather than the AMD build. Then you could upgrade to a kabylake i5 later or something