Work in Progress - Case Door Window

Pigeon_Man

Almost finished with this case door window. Basically, I cut it out with a hack saw then filed it to the final dimensions. All that's left is to get the plexi glass window in. Yeah it's a pre-built, that's why I'm dressing it up. But hey, PCMR is PCMR right? :ph34r:

2016-10-21 001.JPG

i5-6400, 8GB DDR4, GTX 960 (1070 coming soon)

A prebuilt with a quality EVGA? Or is it just a b1? 

hey man looks good i have done this to numerous of pc's build in my shop, you should go to an auto zone now and buy the trim that goes around the doors and put it on the edge it makes it look good, i will send pictures of how i do mine.

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

A prebuilt with a quality EVGA? Or is it just a b1? 

No that was me. I'm hoping for a 1060 in the near future.

2 minutes ago, johnwshek1218 said:

hey man looks good i have done this to numerous of pc's build in my shop, you should go to an auto zone now and buy the trim that goes around the doors and put it on the edge it makes it look good, i will send pictures of how i do mine.

Thanks man. I cleaned it up nice, no burrs, but I'd like to see how you do it.

Just now, Pigeon_Man said:

No that was me. I'm hoping for a 1060 in the near future.

Someday in the future every pre built will have high quality EVGA g2 or Corsair RM to powerup their builds and will cost as low as custom built

5 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Someday in the future every pre built will have high quality EVGA g2 or Corsair RM to powerup their builds and will cost as low as custom built

I hope so. The case has tons of room for drives and none of the connections, plus the pci connection was six pin. They market these things to at least semi-enthusiasts but include none of the things to play with. I'm just happy I got it on sale.

oh and add a piece of plexi in it as well, makes it look nice, and i secured mine with first hot glue and it didnt hold, so i went to home depot and bought really small screws and nuts, and drilled a small hole in each corner and put them through as you can see from the photos. good luck and looks good

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Just now, Pigeon_Man said:

I hope so. The case has tons of room for drives and none of the connections, plus the pci connection was six pin. They market these things to at least semi-enthusiasts but include none of the things to play with.

mine has a delta psu so that is not so bad. 

Just now, johnwshek1218 said:

oh and add a piece of plexi in it as well, makes it look nice, and i secured mine with first hot glue and it didnt hold, so i went to home depot and bought really small screws and nuts, and drilled a small hole in each corner and put them through as you can see from the photos. good luck and looks good

Thanks. The plexi is on its way, just need to get to the store for it. Looks good man.

thanks, and the trim helped alot, just go to autozone, the trim really helps alot because otherwise i think there is no definitive edge from the plexi to the aluminum, so again just a nice aesthetic touch not a need.

Finished, for now. Just used double faced tape to hold the plexi in. I can't decide if I want to throw a few cap screws on there to get a more mechanical, machinery type look. So I'm going to see how I feel later.

2016-10-24 005.JPG