Dead GPU? PC Won't Post!

Hello.

I've been struggling for a while with my hardware problems on my self built PC. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300
GPU: R9 280
MOBO: Gigabyte 970A UD3P(i think)
RAM: Gskill Sniper 4GB x2
PSU: EVGA Bronze 500w

It worked fine for a year straight and then it started randomly crashing. I would reboot and I'd check errors log and it would say something like a "Kernel power..." something. It stopped Posting after a while.

Thinking that this was a problem with PSU or Mobo, I ordered a new PSU(corsair 650) and Mobo(asus) and even a motherboard speaker to check for beep codes because neither Mobos came with one. 

Still, no post and the beep code has been a consistent single beep every boot. 

Finally, I gave the GPU to a friend to test on his rig and he couldn't get any picture on his screen either, but the fans were running.

Any help is appreciated!

15 minutes ago, Zabyrocks said:

Hello.

I've been struggling for a while with my hardware problems on my self built PC. Here are the specs:

It worked fine for a year straight and then it started randomly crashing. I would reboot and I'd check errors log and it would say something like a "Kernel power..." something. It stopped Posting after a while.

Thinking that this was a problem with PSU or Mobo, I ordered a new PSU(corsair 650) and Mobo(asus) and even a motherboard speaker to check for beep codes because neither Mobos came with one. 

Finally, I gave the GPU to a friend to test on his rig and he couldn't get any picture on his screen either, but the fans were running.

Any help is appreciated!

Well then it might be dead. Can you still RMA it?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

24 minutes ago, Zabyrocks said:

Hello.

Any help is appreciated!

the output is taken from GPU right? via HDMI?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

the output is taken from GPU right? via HDMI?

I should have been more specific. Can you get any output from the mobo?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Well then it might be dead. Can you still RMA it?

Not really sure how to do that. The card is an MSI one and I purchased it over a year ago. 

6 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

I should have been more specific. Can you get any output from the mobo?

No outputs from the mob :( I've tried HDMI and VGA to DVI and HDMI to DVI on the GPU inputs and nothing.

that doesnt sound good if you cant get any post from the integrated graphics, i would try different cpu, usually the last to go bad, but they do, and no offense it is amd, if you look at steams hardware census, only 23% percent are using amd, and there is a reason for it.

5 minutes ago, johnwshek1218 said:

that doesnt sound good if you cant get any post from the integrated graphics, i would try different cpu, usually the last to go bad, but they do, and no offense it is amd, if you look at steams hardware census, only 23% percent are using amd, and there is a reason for it.

The fX6300, to my knowledge, doesn't have integrated graphics. I read on a different thread that FX series CPU's need a Mobo with integrated graphics to have video output without a GPU. 

This is the Mobo i currently have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

I can't seem to find if it has integrated graphics or not 

2 minutes ago, Zabyrocks said:

The fX6300, to my knowledge, doesn't have integrated graphics. I read on a different thread that FX series CPU's need a Mobo with integrated graphics to have video output without a GPU. 

This is the Mobo i currently have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

I can't seem to find if it has integrated graphics or not 

oh it doesnt, none of the fx processors do, only the amd apu's do, like the a10 7800k and stuff, so damn, i thought i read earlier in the thread you were using somethign like that, so no you dont.

39 minutes ago, johnwshek1218 said:

Please refrain trying to start a flame war, it never ends well. 

1 hour ago, Zabyrocks said:

Any help is appreciated!

Does your friend have a dedicated gpu that is known to work that yo could borrow to see if it works in your rig?

That would then eliminate the motherboard as the cause.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Please refrain trying to start a flame war, it never ends well. 

Does your friend have a dedicated gpu that is known to work that yo could borrow to see if it works in your rig?

That would then eliminate the motherboard as the cause.

I didn't think about asking him to try his thinking it'd be too imposing, but ill give it a shot! I will update soon!