What are your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch?

Person74

I don't know, I own both console (PS4) and PC for gaming. Though I am impress on the concept of the Nintendo Switch, the amount of game that Nintendo offer so far did not convince me to consider Nintendo platform at all.

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

PS4 can actually read blu rays rather fast, and games install while the game loads.  Relatively speaking, I have no complaints. 

Well we don't know how fast the cartridge are but being faster than a disk isn't much of a task. For comparison sake:

PS3 Drive: 9MB/s

PS4 Drive: 27MB/s

2.5" HDD: 85MB/s

SD-Card: 10-30MB/s

SATA SSD: 550MB/s

That's before we get into access times....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Some trailers for all the confirmed games so far:

There's also DragonQuest and Just Dance. That's it for confirmed games so far.

Beyond that there have been some strong hints for a longer list of games. A list that before the Switch trailer included a 3D Mario game which is all but confirmed now. There have also been strong hints for some of the Final Fantasy games coming over which would make sense given Japan's love of portables. Nintendo is rumoured to be working on Pikmin 4 and Luigi's Mansion 3. There have also been rumours before the trailer of ports of some Wii U games including Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart and Mario Maker. And lastly Beyond Good and Evil 2.... which was rumoured to be "in development for NX" before Ubisoft said they were working on it.

But even as a Nintendo fan I'm still a bit sceptical of that list. I mean it's good and the Skyrim bit in the trailer is promising. But I'm not entirely convinced they've won over third parties until something big is actually confirmed. For example if tomorrow Rockstar said Red Dead Redemption 2 was coming to Switch? Then I'd be convinced things are different to the Wii U.

1 hour ago, skywake said:

Well we don't know how fast the cartridge are but being faster than a disk isn't much of a task. 

Yep. That's my point. I agree we don't know the carts' speed (just like we know next to nothing about any thing else) but modern flash technology is bound to be faster than optical discs. And since I'm happy with the PS4's disc performance, I'll surely be sittin' in butter with the Switch. 

...sigh.. Six month is going to be a while. 

I'm running out of space in my living room on the shelves of my tv stand. There are already four consoles and my threater receiver.  I don't want to put any of them away.  Meh.  This is a good problem to have. 

@TheBestUserName

Yeah I was thinking a similar thing. That this will be a great excuse for me to clear up my Wii U backlog. Then I remembered that I don't really have a Wii U backlog. That this fact is one of the main reasons the Switch exists at all. So I guess I'll take this opportunity to clear out my 3DS backlog. On that 240p screen...... hmm.... Can't I just have the Switch now?

Oh well, back to Overwatch I guess.

It looks good, I got hyped with the idea of the wii u but I was sort of stupid..... That aside the switch looks like what I thought the wii u would be.

Civ 6 on the switch would be really good if it has touch screen, they never showed if it did or didn't in the trailer

16 hours ago, skywake said:

@TheBestUserName

Yeah I was thinking a similar thing. That this will be a great excuse for me to clear up my Wii U backlog. Then I remembered that I don't really have a Wii U backlog. That this fact is one of the main reasons the Switch exists at all. So I guess I'll take this opportunity to clear out my 3DS backlog. On that 240p screen...... hmm.... Can't I just have the Switch now?

Oh well, back to Overwatch I guess.

It's unfortunate that one theory about the 3DS's future is bleak because I just bought a New one about a month ago. :P  I got the galaxy one. I wanted to play Ocarina, but I didn't want to use my son's New one and his first-gen has shitty 3D.  Funny thing is... Ocarina got put on hiatus because I got interested in Dying Light. hah.    Any way, I like the 3DS a lot (I'm happy with its performance) and I hope it doesn't fizzle out for a while.