Has anyone had Gears of War 4 freeze on Xbox One?

Bleedingyamato

I've had the game freeze on me multiple times after trying to resume after putting the console to sleep (what it does with instant on enabled) and I think sometimes even after putting my computer to sleep and then waking it up to reconnect to my Xbox One. (leaving my Xbox One fully awake/on doesn't seem to matter I don't think.)

It's just the game not my Xbox One that freezes.  I can press the Xbox button on the controller to get to the main menu and do whatever I want.  I just can't unpause the game.  The weird thing is the background of the game on the pause menu still moves when it freezes though I suppose that could just be a loop stuck going.  

Has anyone else had this freezing issue happen?

Any ideas what to do about it?

Each time I just quit the game and relaunch it which fixes it but it's annoying because I lose any progress since the last checkpoint.

You could try reinstalling it. This could be a pain if you have slow internet and/or a bandwidth cap.

Unplugging the Xbox completely, waiting, and then restarting it might help.

It could also be the hard drive starting to fail.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

12 minutes ago, AverageHardware said:

You could try reinstalling it. This could be a pain if you have slow internet and/or a bandwidth cap.

Unplugging the Xbox completely, waiting, and then restarting it might help.

It could also be the hard drive starting to fail.

I think it's just Gears of War 4 so I don't think the HDD is dying.  I just got the Batman Return to Arkham collection so when I replay Arkham Asylum on my Xbox One I'll be able to confirm if it's just Gears of War 4 having this issue.

I might try reinstalling it.  My internet is crap but it's a disc copy so most of the install is from the disc and the rest from the day one patch.

Thank you for the ideas.