Would you buy the Nintendo NX

Thunder_Ruler0
1 minute ago, skywake said:

@Brian McKee

I didn't say it was the same size, I showed a comparison of the size. Your image doesn't counter it it only confirms it. It's wider but it's not that much bigger and it's certainly not "huge". Closing the XL doesn't change that fact at all. Again, I think you just want to have a go at this thing regardless because for some reason you think you're being screwed over by a new product existing.

I'm sorry your eyes don't work. The switch is not only wider, it's significantly wider. And yeah I am screwed if this is a true successor to the DS line because they won't have a true pocketable handheld anymore.

I'm done debating, we just have to agree to disagree.

Considering I just entered an 8 week course to study networking switches, and I just bought a couple Cisco switches to play with, this confused me for a moment.

However yea I'm prolly going to buy it. It looks neat, I just hope the 3DS is still going to receive games and there will be a true successor to it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

25 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

I'm sorry your eyes don't work. The switch is not only wider, it's significantly wider.

"Significantly"

switchv3_DS.png

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

4 minutes ago, skywake said:

"Significantly"

switchv3_DS.png

No you're right. Just like how this pencil is nearly half the size as that fighter jet!

pencil-wooden-eraser-isolated-white-clip

Sukhoi_T-50_Maksimov.jpg

Also the 3ds XL as is, is nearly too big for most pockets. So even slightly bigger is too big.

@GoodBytes

So basically the tablet itself is about 180mm wide. Compared to the 3DS XL which is about 160mm wide. Or in other words more or less as it is in the image I posted above. I based the scale on the image above on the assumption that the screen is 6.2" on the diagonal. Which is what the rumour about this device that were right about everything else said it was. And as it turns out arstechnica has more or less confirmed independently.

Honestly, I don't know why @Brian McKee is disputing any of this

12 minutes ago, skywake said:

@GoodBytes

So basically the tablet itself is about 180mm wide. Compared to the 3DS XL which is about 160mm wide. Or in other words more or less as it is in the image I posted above. I based the scale on the image above on the assumption that the screen is 6.2" on the diagonal. Which is what the rumour about this device that were right about everything else said it was. And as it turns out arstechnica has more or less confirmed independently.

Honestly, I don't know why @Brian McKee is disputing any of this

I'm disputing it because I was fucking right. To make it even REMOTELY POCKETABLE you have to take the buttons off of it, then where the fuck do you store those? Your back pocket? I'd rather have a device where I don't have the risk of losing essential accessories just to carry the fucking thing around.

The thing isn't pocketable, period. And that's a problem for a handheld device.

I love the concept Nintendo is taking with this console. Besides all the inquiries previously stated about battery life and durability (Nintendo has always made durable products - just look at the wiimote and nunchuk), I'm more interested in 3rd party games and whether or not the NS has a touchscreen for backwards compatibility with the Wii U, cause let's face it, the Wii U is already 6ft under. I'm glad to see so many 3rd party companies partnering with Nintendo, but i still have my doubts to its appeal to XBOne and PS4 gamers to Nintendo until I see modern 3rd party games releasing on the NS, not just games from 3-5 years ago. Again, I know this trailer was to showcase the console and not the games, but really need to confirm games and dates of release to get people on board and expand their audience. 

I also want to see how, if they do get lots of 3rd party support on the NS, how the ports will turn out. I don't want any compromises in features and dlc other than maybe resolution since Sony/Microsoft are on their "4K gaming" high that I don't particularly care for.

As for the people who keep saying "Oh this is another one of Nintendo's gimmicks," I feel that if any new console doesn't follow the exact same controller functionality and concept as it's predecessors, it immediately gets labels a 'gimmick' or 'novelty' item. That's stupid. Nintendo has always experimented with different ways to interact with games to make it more enjoyable. That is how they single-handedly pioneered the gaming industry that sony/microsoft thrive in today. If you can't stand the thought of a console doing something more than simply improving frame rates and resolution and changing absolutely nothing else and call it a next gen console, then you should probably stick with the Playstation and Xbox. Nintendo is not for you.

As for me I'm definitely going to be getting this day one. Excited to see what Nintendo has in store

Well it looked cool, but so did No Man's Sky at the beginning. Either way I'm not going to be pre-ordering one. But if I had the money, I might buy it. I'm just too poor :(.

On 10/20/2016 at 2:12 PM, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

So as a PC gamer, the new Nintendo NX (or switch) actually seems like a very convincing platform that would interest me. Although it may not have the graphics, the general concept and idea of it sounds awesome, and i'd be more then willing to try it out and buy one. 

Here is a Video if you guys don't know what it is.

Does anyone see any issues with this sort of design? Or any limitations it may have?

Too little to go on, I want to see if it gets dev support this time (dont want ports, but would like to see nx specific stuff from third parties), and hoping it doesnt use pogo pins for connectivity. Pogo pins are the devil!

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

6 hours ago, Brian McKee said:

I'm disputing it because I was fucking right. To make it even REMOTELY POCKETABLE you have to take the buttons off of it, then where the fuck do you store those? Your back pocket? I'd rather have a device where I don't have the risk of losing essential accessories just to carry the fucking thing around.

The thing isn't pocketable, period. And that's a problem for a handheld device.

I'm just going to direct quote what I actually said 

8 hours ago, skywake said:

Approximately how big the thing actually is vs a 3DS XL based on the rumours as they are currently. It's actually very small for a tablet and you can see that in the trailer once you get over the "it's a tablet" filters. It's actually about as big as the 3DS XL if you don't include the attachments on the side. Don't get me wrong, it's probably too big to pocket but... it's not "huge" by any stretch

Again, I don't know why you were at all disputing what I was saying. You've got to the point now where you're literally saying what I originally said and acting as if I was saying it was tiny. I wasn't. I was saying calling it "huge" was a bit extreme because it's about as big as the 3DSXL. There are phones on the market that are about as big as this.

No not really, unless there are more third party gaming (might be possible) and my ps4 and pc broke down.

I got a 3DS and the age shows, it gets really low frame rates on Pokémon and the aliasing? Oh man.

The Wii U, I felt, was the stupidest thing. Having a screen on the controllers and basing gameplay around that wasn't appealing and that shows. That is just my opinion, although one the market shared. It sold quite poorly and the games were few and far between. 

Combining the two devices also unifies the handheld and console operations at Nintendo which increases game output. I, like most fans, like Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. 

Nintendo excels at handhelds, starting at the Gameboy and ending at the 3DS. Their products are successful.

These days everyone has a smart phone, which fits inside your pocket. EVERYONE has a phone, even small babies inside the checkout line at the grocery store. Why would I want a second device inside my pocket? It feels awkward enough carrying a 3DS and a phone and I usually chuck my 3DS XL inside a bag anyway. 

I value having a large screen. I got a Oneplus 3 for that reason. I could now  stream on the NS while laying down or visiting my mom.

Anyway, the Nintendo Switch appeals since I really like the idea that I could just snatch up my console and instantly switch (LOL) into handheld mode. Awesome. 

I would also like saying a few things about the graphics processing. For starters, who cares about this thing matching your Xbox One or PS4 consoles. I assembled my gaming PC for a reason and it takes a dump on both the PS4 and Xbox One. People argue that they like consoles for various reasons and usually site 30fps being enough and how easy consoles are. Fair enough,  except that very stance becomes your view about Nintendo consoles? That is some console peasant ass, fan-boy logic.

Anyway, unless the previous Tegra chips are magically Pascal architecture, the Nintendo Switch implements a brand new and custom GPU based on Pascal and fits into the Tegra lineage. Exciting considering how awesome Pascal chips are, TDP and such. 

Also, note this: Nintendo already confirmed the handheld contains the main processor and internals. Still, it might just throttle for battery time AND heat while undocked, besides lowering the resolution for increased frame rate.

That being said, it would seem very likely that the console switches profiles and ups the voltage a tad for the resolution bump while also allowing for increased temperatures. Also, being docked, battery stops being an issue and allows that increased voltage. Nvidia developed the software running the GPU, mybe it used GPU boost while docked? Seems cool, I would like one. 

HYPE TRAIN