EA's BF 1 rental server program info released. PC pays premium price.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Are you both serious? Do you actually think it would be an equal playing field or are you both trolling?

I never said it'd be an equal playing field, but the technology is there to make this easy. There's no reason NOT to support it. It's also perfectly possible to play console games with a keyboard and mouse if they feel that their "wittle controllers aren't wup to the task of beating the "nasty" PC gamers."

Easy enough to have "controller only" servers. In fact, the games that I have played that were crossplatform all had this. 

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Are you both serious? Do you actually think it would be an equal playing field or are you both trolling?

Controllers cant compete with mouse and keyboard

we keep hearing this. And for SHOOTING and WALKING id agree.

But Ivan, i have yet to EVER meet a single person who can play a vehicle better with a M+KB then a controller.

BF has vehicles. And trust me, controllers are far better suited for those then mouse and KB is. Not to mention, the average player on both PC and console is rubbish, so it would be a even playing field.

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

It's not about an equal playing field... Console players chose to use a controller, we chose to use a keyboard and mouse. It's up to them to be capable of competing with us. If two men know they have to fight each other and one brings a knife and the other brings a gun... Yeah it's not fair, but he chose to bring the knife to the gun fight. 

Read what I said above.

Yea, I'm just going to assume you're all trolling and not take any of you serious.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

But Ivan, i have yet to EVER meet a single person who can play a vehicle better with a M+KB then a controller.

BF has vehicles. And trust me, controllers are far better suited for those then mouse and KB is. Not to mention, the average player on both PC and console is rubbish, so it would be a even playing field.

No. Just no.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Guys chill...

On topic: I don't think it's that expensive. In Germany a 64-slot BF4 server cost you around 119€ for 90 days.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

just say what you have to say or say nothing, no use in leaving posts like that.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

It depends. If you're talking about racing games as well then I will refer you to the vast number of USB steering wheels available for PC. If you're talking about a FPS game with vehicles, then I can sorta agree with you. It REALLY depends on how the steering is implemented. Some games get it right and are perfectly playable with a keyboard, others are not.

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

It depends. If you're talking about racing games as well then I will refer you to the vast number of USB steering wheels available for PC. If you're talking about a FPS game with vehicles, then I can sorta agree with you. It REALLY depends on how the steering is implemented. Some games get it right and are perfectly playable with a keyboard, others are not.

Are you both insinuating that to balance it out all the console players would use vehicles and all the PC players would be on foot??????????

Just now, ivan134 said:

Are you both insinuating that to balance it out all the console players would use vehicles and all the PC players would be on foot??????????

Not in any way, shape, or form did I say anything like that...

Anyway, I'm done. Stupid increase in pricing. I always run my own servers for MP games (mostly indie) that I like to play.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

1337 h4x0r spotted

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Hard to say if this is expensive since at least in the OP there's no details on number of players, how many cores the server has, how much ram you get, bandwidth etc. I sure as heck don't pay this much money for the linux and minecraft servers i've rented in the past.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Still a ridiculously cheaper than renting a BF4 server from a GSP. Those are $60+ per month for standard tick rate servers whereas the these prices are much better. The 90 days is essentially $33.33 per month and the 180 days is essentially $25 per month.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Urmm meh, also not alowing us to host? Oh well whatever.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So EA finally found a way to charge a monthly subscription to PC users, clever but fuck em I do not negociate with terrorists, there's other fucking shooters.

You don't have to host a server... you can just play for free as usual.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

4 hours ago, Pyrii said:

Yeah I saw this earlier and just facepalmed. This is why they keep trying to garden fence game servers in FPS games lately, so they can charge high prices themselves instead of allowing for a competitive market of server providers.

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Lol, why would it have crossplatform play?

Question: Can't people just use their own computer or build a server PC to use and do this that way?

Idk about server stuff but don't people normally just host their own severs for free?

This seems like a lot of money to me..

8 minutes ago, raphidy said:

I don't think you are allowed to host without monthly payment. EA just blocked that to make more money.

PC is masterrace, we don't pay peasant amount of moneyz.

Please no master race bs...  It's just that it's taken on a negative connotation that isn't something decent PC gamers want to associate themselves with.  

Damn you greedy EA!  (Insert Darth Vader nooooooo!! here.)

1 hour ago, pyrojoe34 said:

You don't have to host a server... you can just play for free as usual.

Somebody eventually has to and EA has offered no good reason why it should cost more other than "Fuck you, pay me more"

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dont see why you guys think this is a big deal. Every  multiplayer shooter has servers you can rent.  EA is just taking over the server rentals. And the cost is actually cheaper in most cases for 32+ man servers.. Considering your charged upwards of $1 a slot. EA is actually undercharging.

All of this has been ok with folks, until you remember that dedicated servers used to be free and able to be loaded onto your own computer. The memories . . .lol

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

7 hours ago, Prysin said:

oi, smarties. you know WHY its more expensive?

Inb4, Nestle comes to your house and demands you pay up :D.

7 hours ago, Prysin said:

@GSTARR@Orangeator@tlink@Notree

BECAUSE PC GETS THE ABILITY TO RUN HIGHER TICK RATE SERVERS. AKA MORE TICKS = MORE SYNCS = HIGHER REFRESH MONITORS ACTUALLY MATTER!!!! PC CAN ACTUALLY RUN UP TO 120Hz SERVERS. PS/XBOX CANNOT

PS/XBOX WILL BE LIMITED TO 30-45Hz SERVERS -> AS USUAL!!

Lol. And here I am with a 60Hz monitor.........

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),