Do Sigma Lenses Work on All Nikon SLRs?

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,
3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I'm looking to buy a new body (D3100) to replace my really old D40. I want to get into DSLR videography and stuff. With my old D40, I have a few Sigma Lenses and the stock 18-55mm that came with it. I don't want to end up having a camera body and no lenses so I want to make sure before I drop some money on it.

Thanks.

As long as it is F mount, the lens is compatible.  All Sigma lenses made for Nikon will work on all Nikon DSLRs.

I'm looking to buy a new body (D3100) to replace my really old D40. I want to get into DSLR videography and stuff. With my old D40, I have a few Sigma Lenses and the stock 18-55mm that came with it. I don't want to end up having a camera body and no lenses so I want to make sure before I drop some money on it.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Thanks.

As long as it is F mount, the lens is compatible.  All Sigma lenses made for Nikon will work on all Nikon DSLRs.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

They look the same from the photos and a lot of the D3100s with lenses have the same 18-55mm that my D40 came with.