Multiple fan questions

Joelbanks5

So should I get static pressure fans if there's a dust filter? What's typically a good amount to spend on fans? What are fluid dynamic fans exactly and are they better than normal fans? 

Just get Noctua fans :D

You can't go wrong with them. No need to worry about all the marketing BS or filters or whatever.

Just throw them in and you are good to go.

They aren't cheap tho... Not sure if that's a big issue?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

So should I get static pressure fans if there's a dust filter? What's typically a good amount to spend on fans? What are fluid dynamic fans exactly and are they better than normal fans? 

If you have very fine filtered intakes it wouldn't be a bad idea to use static pressure fans, as for the amount you spend it just depends on how much your willing to on fans basically. As for the fluid dynamic that is the bearing type, there are many out there with fluid bearings, Noctua's SSO regarded as some of the best. 

Just now, W-L said:

If you have very fine filtered intakes it wouldn't be a bad idea to use static pressure fans, as for the amount you spend it just depends on how much your willing to on fans basically. As for the fluid dynamic that is the bearing type, there are many out there with fluid bearings, Noctua's SSO regarded as some of the best. 

Can you elaborate more on the fluid dynamic bearings please?

also is it the more I spend the better fans I get or what?

2 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Can you elaborate more on the fluid dynamic bearings please?

also is it the more I spend the better fans I get or what?

This explains it quite well the fluid bearing basically has the bearing surfaces that are suspended in a fluid to minimize friction. 

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/779-computer-case-fan-bearing-differences

Spending more is not automatically better as with everything. But Assuming it's from a decent brand, you can expect good performance while still relative silent and longevity and stuff like high warranty years. Noctua's are considered to be the very best fanmakers out there. But as with everything high end the cost for the extra performance and the worth of that for you is personal.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, Gonio said:

Spending more is not automatically better as with everything. But Assuming it's from a decent brand, you can expect good performance while still relative silent and longevity and stuff like high warranty years. Noctua's are considered to be the very best fanmakers out there. But as with everything high end the cost for the extra performance and the worth of that for you is personal.

4 hours ago, W-L said:

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Just get Noctua fans :D

You can't go wrong with them. No need to worry about all the marketing BS or filters or whatever.

Just throw them in and you are good to go.

They aren't cheap tho... Not sure if that's a big issue?

What's the best noctua fans that will work well with a dust filter in the way and ones that will work well withou a dust filter?

2 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

What's the best noctua fans that will work well with a dust filter in the way and ones that will work well withou a dust filter?

Just normal Nuctua NF-F12's work fine in both cases.

You have of course different sizes. If you need a different size just let me know and i'll post the model of the ones you need to get :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Agree with @samcool55. But if you want a jet take the industrials :) They can go so fast.. But on low RPM they are also nice and silent and atleast in a normal non poop color.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

8 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

It depends on the dust filter and whatever else might be in the way.

Where are you planning to use the fan? Any reason why you're looking specifically at Noctuas?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on the dust filter and whatever else might be in the way.

Where are you planning to use the fan? Any reason why you're looking specifically at Noctuas?

Plan on using the fans on my case which has a dust filter, and I'm looking at noctua's specifically because many people have said they're hands down the best

13 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Plan on using the fans on my case which has a dust filter, and I'm looking at noctua's specifically because many people have said they're hands down the best

What case and where on the case? There are also different types of dust filters. Did yours come with the case?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I'm assuming you're looking for fans to use as front intakes?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm assuming you're looking for fans to use as front intakes?

Correct

22 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Correct

NF-A14's or Silent Wings 3's would be excellent.

That being said, the included stock fans are already good--why replace them?