i want a fan controller because right now my pc is making too much noise

2 fans can be controlled by my motherboard

my options according to my budget and availability are:

NZXT Sentry 2

Vantec Lavish

NZXT Sentry Mesh 

NZXT Sentry Mix 2

So which one should i get and why?

What do you need from controller? Which mobo and could you think of using powered hub connected to mobo instead of using controller?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What do you need from controller? Which mobo and could you think of using powered hub connected to mobo instead of using controller?

i want a silent pc atleast when it is idle all fans running at full rpm at idle does not makes any sense 

i am using msi 990fxa gaming mobo

by powered hub do you mean something like deepcool fan hub?

19 minutes ago, clad said:

i want a silent pc atleast when it is idle all fans running at full rpm at idle does not makes any sense 

i am using msi 990fxa gaming mobo

by powered hub do you mean something like deepcool fan hub?

Not quite. Powered hub means that it has own power connector. Meaning that you can safely run 4+ fans off single mobo header. Otherwise you need to watch how many Ampere's fan uses vs 1A max of mobo headers.

From your listing Lavish would be besh choice. Its the only one which has USB connector. Since their site is vague at most, I'm not sure if it uses that USB connection for getting temp readings from mobo or not. Sentry 2 has thermal probes which are bit off from actual readings. You can set controls with them too, but accuracy might not be as good as its with built-in sensors. Both Mesh and Mix are basic knob controllers. Meaning that you have to manually adjust fan speeds if/when you need that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not quite. Powered hub means that it has own power connector. Meaning that you can safely run 4+ fans off single mobo header. Otherwise you need to watch how many Ampere's fan uses vs 1A max of mobo headers.

From your listing Lavish would be besh choice. Its the only one which has USB connector. Since their site is vague at most, I'm not sure if it uses that USB connection for getting temp readings from mobo or not. Sentry 2 has thermal probes which are bit off from actual readings. You can set controls with them too, but accuracy might not be as good as its with built-in sensors. Both Mesh and Mix are basic knob controllers. Meaning that you have to manually adjust fan speeds if/when you need that.

okay powered hub is not available here in my country and on online sites so i cant get that and sentry 2 is quite old too....how durable is the touch display on these fan controllers because if they r not long lasting i will get mesh or mix 

2 minutes ago, clad said:

okay powered hub is not available here in my country and on online sites so i cant get that and sentry 2 is quite old too....how durable is the touch display on these fan controllers because if they r not long lasting i will get mesh or mix 

I'm not sure. They are most likely same as cheaper touch screen devices you see around. So you can't do damage by just touching. Anything hard or sharp is another matter. I think they are about same as with older GPS devices with resistive screens. Can be wrong, I've never seen one in person.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm not sure. They are most likely same as cheaper touch screen devices you see around. So you can't do damage by just touching. Anything hard or sharp is another matter. I think they are about same as with older GPS devices with resistive screens. Can be wrong, I've never seen one in person.

The touch screen isn't as responsive and may need a bit of pressure before registering anything--personally not a fan of them.

@clad What motherboard and fans do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The touch screen isn't as responsive and may need a bit of pressure before registering anything--personally not a fan of them.

@clad What motherboard and fans do you have?

i am using MSI 990fxa gaming mobo and cooler master sickle flow X fans (3 pin) 

11 hours ago, clad said:

i am using MSI 990fxa gaming mobo and cooler master sickle flow X fans (3 pin) 

You should be able to control the fan speeds with the sysfan1 and 2 headers.

two 3-way or one powered 6-way splitter would work. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You should be able to control the fan speeds with the sysfan1 and 2 headers.

two 3-way or one powered 6-way splitter would work. 

i am already controlling 2 fan speeds but this mobo only allows lowest speeds of 60% not below that and controllers can go down to 40% like sentry mix 

i dont want to use normal splitters as i want to go below 60% speed and powered splitters are not available here 

so i am thinking of getting nzxt sentry mix

17 hours ago, clad said:

i am already controlling 2 fan speeds but this mobo only allows lowest speeds of 60% not below that and controllers can go down to 40% like sentry mix 

i dont want to use normal splitters as i want to go below 60% speed and powered splitters are not available here 

so i am thinking of getting nzxt sentry mix

That works fine. If they go down to 40%, I would just daisy chain fan molex adapters and flip the pins for a 5v signal though.