H440 Pre Mod Questions

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
8 minutes ago, Lamboboy63 said:

the look of the H440 has grown out on me, There isnt really a case out there that i like. So im just gonna mod my H440, There are just a few things im unsure of 

1. What size of wrap do i need? This is the color i want to use http://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Dennison-Conform-Chrome-Vinyl-Film-p/cwsf100196s-s.htm

2. Any H440 Tempered Glass tutorials anywhere?

3. Is there a cable where i can convert 1 USB 3.0 Motherboard Socket into 2 USB 3.0 Motherboard Sockets

1. For the vinyl wrap you usually want to have the sheet at least a few inches larger on all sides to wrap over and around the back of the panel or area so you can cut off the excess. Check out Vivvid or 3M vinyl's they have really good stuff at about the same pricepoint as that stuff.
  2. For the tempered glass it will require a little bit of work but if you take out the original plastic and cut off the fold down metal tabs that held the window in place you can get a sheet of glass to span the opening and adhere it onto the panel with silicone or double sided mounting tape. 
  3. As for USB splitters you can't do that properly without using something like a USB 3.0 hub or PCI-E add in card. 

the look of the H440 has grown out on me, There isnt really a case out there that i like. So im just gonna mod my H440, There are just a few things im unsure of 

1. What size of wrap do i need? This is the color i want to use http://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Dennison-Conform-Chrome-Vinyl-Film-p/cwsf100196s-s.htm

3. Is there a cable where i can convert 1 USB 3.0 Motherboard Socket into 2 USB 3.0 Motherboard Sockets

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

8 minutes ago, Lamboboy63 said:

1. For the vinyl wrap you usually want to have the sheet at least a few inches larger on all sides to wrap over and around the back of the panel or area so you can cut off the excess. Check out Vivvid or 3M vinyl's they have really good stuff at about the same pricepoint as that stuff.
  2. For the tempered glass it will require a little bit of work but if you take out the original plastic and cut off the fold down metal tabs that held the window in place you can get a sheet of glass to span the opening and adhere it onto the panel with silicone or double sided mounting tape. 
  3. As for USB splitters you can't do that properly without using something like a USB 3.0 hub or PCI-E add in card.