iPad mini, yay or nay?

synergy3

I'm currently thinking about getting a tablet. It is either an iPad or a Nexus 7.

I'd like some more opinion, so if you'd be so kind to answer my questions

If you own an iPad mini, does it live up to expectations? Does battery life live up to 10 hours with moderate use? Do you find it worth your money? Is the non retina display noticeable? What do you use it for?

If you own a Nexus 7, does it live up to your expectations? What battery life do you get? Is the user experience any different from having an Android phone? What do you use it for?

Note: I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an Android phone if that clears anything.

I'm currently thinking about getting a tablet. It is either an iPad or a Nexus 7. I'd like some more opinion' date=' so if you'd be so kind to answer my questions If you own an iPad mini, does it live up to expectations? Does battery life live up to 10 hours with moderate use? Do you find it worth your money? Is the non retina display noticeable? What do you use it for? If you own a Nexus 7, does it live up to your expectations? What battery life do you get? Is the user experience any different from having an Android phone? What do you use it for? Note: I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an Android phone if that clears anything.[/quote']

I do not have neither but I do have an iPad 2 and it does live to expectations regarding battery life. So I would expect the same with the mini. In the past I had an Asus transformer as well, and let me tell you, the battery life was horrible in comparison to the ipad. I have got a couple of mates who have purchased the ipad mini and another with a nexus 7, both are great tablets and sort of cater to a different market IMHO.

Regarding the retina display, you would barely notice it since it is a smaller display. So even with the resolution of the ipad 2 on it, its pixel density is still pretty great. This is something IMO, a better gauge of screen quality rather than just resolution.

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

In my opinion it depends. The Nexus 7 is an amazing device and I am personally going to get one sometime in the near future (hopefullly) but if you're already sucked into the iOS community with purchased Apps and such (music CAN be transferred) then the iPad mini might be a better option for you. Same for Android, but if you are new to both ecosystems, then the best way to decide would be to try out both devices or similar ones yourself. Even if you can't find the exact device, it will be very similar to something such as an iphone or an android phone. Lastly, keep in mind that the iPad mini has about the same specs as the new iPod touch 5th generation and not the full fledged iPad 3 or iPhone 5. Really either device will do it's job excellently and have support for quite a long time so it really is just your preference on whether you prefer Android or iOS.

I would always say no to iOS and mac OS . it just limits me from every possible direction!!! go for a nexus 7 !!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

If you already have devices that are in the Android ecosystem, I would suggest that you stick with that ecosystem and buy a Nexus 7 or similar.

Nexus 7. The android os is gaining popularity and better support while the ios ecosystem looks like it is either flat lining or declining.

Yeah if you're on mac or have an iphone/ipad already an ipad mini will be the way to go, otherwise get a Nexus 7.

Watch this vid and u will learn about the nonsense that apple are peddling with the ipad mini.

Pretty funny too

I went ahead and bought the iPad mini, if I like it I'll keep it. If not, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy. Yo Linus, if you're reading this, I'll send it to you to unbox and you can send it back signed...by Slick.

14.5 hours of usage and 6.5 days of standby on one charge is the best I have gotten out of mine which is incredible, and that is mostly playing little games, web browsing, and checking out the linus tech tips youtube channel. Playing need for speed (slightly more intensive) I was able to get around 12.5 hours usage 3-5 days standby. The battery life is definitely incredible.