Stay away from asus

King Joffrey

Waited 30 days for asus to repair my board and what I actually got back was a refurbished board in which I paid $140 for, more then the price of the board when it was new.   Put it back in my system and it didn't work, all the other components worked before so I not only assumed that it was a bad refurbished board but I also took it to a PC store and they conformed.  Called asus and asked for a boss they asked me to wait for a call back and after a few hours I get an email issuing me a free rma replacement.  As I'm going to wait another month for another referb that probably won't work. I called back and after 40 mins I got in touch with an American supervisor named Elliot , I asked for a refund , he said he can only offer me another" working product" . I asked is there anything else you can do and I swear he put me on hold for 10 mins, comes back to say he's having technical difficulties ,. Calls me back ,and says hold on I almost got it: and keep me on hold for 40 mins, I finally hung up. 

Im just going to buy a new board but I felt I should tell others about my experience with asus as they are so beloved.Or maybe not.  I did google: asus rma sucks, and wow I'm not alone.. so again I felt it's only right to warn others about this company's service which btw is nothing like vga whom I've delt with before. Good luck thanks for listening.

I RMAd my ASUS motherboard and got a brand new one back in a few weeks.

Newer model too, even better.

All free except for shipping.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

RIP my ASUS with my ASUS h81M-E, ASUS gtx 760, and asus case. All works well. Maybe it's just a rare case

My old gtx 750ti from Asus have a little problem I send to asus 3 days after he give me a new 750ti :P

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

same

13 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Snip

I'm currently in the process of an Asus RMA.... there is nothing wrong with it. Some people are going to have bad experiences no matter where you go. If your research shows more people than usual complaining about Asus, its probably because they have sold more product than the competition. customer service sucks everywhere, even outside of computer components/electronics.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I'm currently in the process of an Asus RMA.... there is nothing wrong with it. Some people are going to have bad experiences no matter where you go. If your research shows more people than usual complaining about Asus, its probably because they have sold more product than the competition. customer service sucks no matter where you go.

The reason there are so many people having issues with ASUS RMAs when you search on google is because ASUS literally sells like 10 or 100x more products than it's competitors, because they are a huge company.

Of course, 100x more products = 100x more people that will have to RMA and 100x more people will have issues with customer service.

That's just how the numbers work.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

probably were you went wrong is that you asked for their boss who of course would be busy and is less equipped to help you. my dad owns a business and this is very annoying for him. the reason why he hires customer service employees is so he can do other things and he is an introvert so he is bad at dealing with people

16 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Called asus and asked for a boss

That's where you failed. Bosses are busy, they don't have the time or knowledge to deal with consumers, only the knowledge to run the show. That's why they hire the people you speak to.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

for me asus is the way... for now shame you had a bad experience 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Me too, RMAd a used X99 Deluxe that I got off ebay and got back a new in box X99 Deluxe 3.1 with all the accesories and the box that I didn't receive from buying it used. They did put a $399.99 hold on my bank account which scared me, but they dismissed it when they received my board.

Probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

36 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

what I actually got back was a refurbished board in which I paid $140 for, more then the price of the board when it was new.

Wait, you paid MORE to have it repaired than you would've if you had just bought a brand new one? Sorry but, are you dumb?

What was broken on your original board exactly? I'm assuming you managed to fuck up the pins in the CPU socket, which is why you would be charged money and why you got a Refurb instead of a brand new because that isn't covered by the warranty.

Because I went through that process before with Asus, was quoted a price over $100, that plus shipping fees would easily cost me about the price you've paid so I just went and bought a cheaper motherboard instead of wasting my time and money on it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yea i  was stupid for going with asus ,. I never will again. I have an oem version of Windows , and they don't sell my board new anymore. I'm surprised people are so harsh to a person that's simply sharing his experience. 

13 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Yea i  was stupid for going with asus ,. I never will again. I have an oem version of Windows , and they don't sell my board new anymore. I'm surprised people are so harsh to a person that's simply sharing his experience. 

sharing your experience is one thing... openly slandering the name of Asus is another. telling people to never go Asus because you had a poor experience is shameful. and I would agree with @TetraSky, if you had to pay you probably broke something which voided your warranty which is why your RMA experience was so terrible... you didn't quality for some reason (and that reason is almost always something on your side)

18 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Well I'd say it's mostly your title, telling everyone to stay away from Asus because of what is most likely your own mistake for screwing up your motherboard, doesn't get you much sympathy. 

You should've known better, you knew a new board(used market/ebay, wherever you can get a replacement if it's no longer available) would've been cheaper but you still went through with the RMA anyway and now you're regretting it and telling people to stay away from them.

Asus is a good brand, but they aren't obligated to send you a brand new unit for something that isn't covered by their warranty.

I'm sorry you got fucked over on this one with the replacement unit, but it's on you. Always consider your options when asked to pay for something. If it's cheaper to go a different route and less likely to fuck you over with possibly getting a refurb unit, do so.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

The reason there are so many people having issues with ASUS RMAs when you search on google is because ASUS literally sells like 10 or 100x more products than it's competitors, because they are a huge company.

Of course, 100x more products = 100x more people that will have to RMA and 100x more people will have issues with customer service.

That's just how the numbers work.

and let's not forget for every person that complains there are plenty that have no problems and run flawlessly, in a normal situation that is.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

1 hour ago, King Joffrey said:

I did google: asus rma sucks, and wow I'm not alone.. so again I felt it's only right to warn others about this company's service which btw is nothing like vga whom I've delt with before. Good luck thanks for listening.

Of course you're not alone. No one ever is. 

Something to keep in mind is... where do you look for complaints aside from where complaints go?  The internet.  Forums. 

It's like going to the hospital and saying, "Holy shit. There are so many sick people.  This illness is a major problem."

Well.. yes.. people are sick... at the hospital.  That's where sick people go. 

Sucks about your issue, though.  Tough luck, eh. 

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

That's where you failed. Bosses are busy, they don't have the time or knowledge to deal with consumers, only the knowledge to run the show. That's why they hire the people you speak to.

All this^^^

I used to love when people asked to speak to my boss - I'd outright say "ok that's fine, but you know he's also gonna tell you no?"... and they still wanted to, and got told no. ??

Ive had bad luck with my X99 deluxe, i had to RMA on the first week I got it and now I'm in the RMA process again, been waiting for 3 weeks.

I wouldn't say ASUS is a bad company its just that a few of their products are sub par

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

7 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

its just that a few of their products are sub par

that isn't true lol. its just the rule of impossibly large numbers. if asus sells 10 000 motherboards and 1% of those have an issue, they have to resend out 100 motherboards. if 1% of those have problems, then they have sent someone a bad motherboard twice.

keep in mind they sell a lot more than 10 000 motherboards and everyones fail rate is a lot more than 1%. It doesn't mean that they sell sub par prodcuts.... its simply that some people are going to have sub par results with their prodcuts.

Thought I'd give my initial response, haven't read the other replies.

I have had an excellent experience with Asus and ASrock (at one point was part of Asus). Every build I have done in the past 10 years has been one of those two. Probably 5 or 6 builds for me friends and family.  The one and only time I had an issue was with my ASrock extreme4 x99 which would lag on boot after a bios change, I returned it to micro center (screw micro center) and got an x99 sabertooth.  While I have had no issues other than that one time, I will say that I haven't once had to RMA a product and deal with that department.  The other day I heard in a post I made that Asus RMA is HORRIBLE, and I guess this proves it.

So far as RMA returning a refurbished product, this is common practice for most places.  I would say that Corsair doesn't do this when I have had to RMA once.... maybe twice, but that's why I always use corsair as well. Over the past decade I have become brand loyal to Asus/ASrock Corsair crucial and Antec, little to no problems with them.

But I do have to give your word's credit towards Asus RMA.

I have spent countless dollars at Micro Center yet this last build was met with poor suggestions on part's and an even worse response on return's.  If they can't give me good advice and can't do return's....... they hold no value to me at all.

I guess Asus is a great brand until it doesn't work. (maybe there is another culprit in the build) this hobby is so hard to figure out half the time and dedication to finding the problem is uncommon.  That is where a really good company shines is when they take care of you whether it's their product or a hidden symptom of another.  I guess Asus isn't great in that sense, I just don't want to deal with trial and error of other mobo companies. (my friend made a gigabyte x99 build and it was crap on the BIOS end)

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

RMA-ed an asus r9 290 reference on june, they gave a BNIB r9 390 strix in a week.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

i pulled a Asus pentium 1 motherboard from a metal scraps bin , in the rain , been there for over a week , its currently running dos 6.22 w/ a p100 

i never had problems w/ asus boards , i had way more issues w/ gigabyte and msi , but maybe im just that one lucky potato 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, Psittac said:

Thought I'd give my initial response, haven't read the other replies.

snip

I'm pretty sure that was just a myth. Also why screw Micro Center? they have great combo deals

My friend broke his H170 PRO GAMING's bios and even bent the CPU socket pins.

They still gave him a new replacement, without any extra charge.

Current Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/4f6XsY (Pending Upgrades:Mobo, PSU, GPU, Cooling Solution)

Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Kingston DDR4 16GB, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB G1 Gaming, Corsair GS800,

Gelid Solutions Antarctica air cooler, 2x 120mm LED fans from different brands, SAMA P28-1 PC case.