Friend banned from MInecraft server

Kosios
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

VPN + alt should work

This is for my friend as I do not play Minecraft anymore.  Anyway, he was banned from one of his favorite servers and is unable to get unbanned.  If he uses an alt, they can trace his ip and re ban him.  I was curious if he was to use a vpn while playing on the server, the staff would not be able to trace his real ip and re ban him.

If he got banned from a server for a fair reason then he should stay banned and not be able to access that server :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

In your router's settings you should be able to release and renew your IP if you're  not on a static IP internet plan.

You can usually also do this by unplugging the router and plugging it back in, or just restarting it.

That will give you a new IP so you don't need to use VPN or stuff like that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Man people's friends always have all the problems lol

Nah for real :P  I sold my MC account :)

I play csgo now.  Minecraft was getting boring and too toxic.

27 minutes ago, Kosios said:

Nah for real :P  I sold my MC account :)

I play csgo now.  Minecraft was getting boring and too toxic.

I don't believe that you play csgo if you think Minecraft is toxic in comparison. csgo is an awesome game, but it has one of the most toxic non-moba communities ever.

Minecraft is more toxic IMO.  Even more little kids.  Also minecraft servers are full of 12-14 year old mods that don't know shit about how to moderate.

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

In your router's settings you should be able to release and renew your IP if you're  not on a static IP internet plan.

You can usually also do this by unplugging the router and plugging it back in, or just restarting it.

That will give you a new IP so you don't need to use VPN or stuff like that.

This may work, but it entirely depends on the DHCP lease time that your ISP gives out. If the lease time is 24 hours, say, and you restart the modem within 4 hours of the last lease renewal, the DHCP server will reserve that IP for you and wait until you reconnect, and just give you back the exact same IP.

Some ISP's will use a lease time of days or weeks.

If you need to change your ISP, you can try this, but honestly, if you really need it changed, just calling up your ISP will guarantee a new one (Most ISP's won't give you hassle, but some may require you to give an explanation).

@Kosios why did your friend get banned to begin with? If you think Minecraft community is so toxic, why don't you and your buddy start up your own server? Hosting requirements for a small Minecraft server are fairly minimal, and you can install whatever game-mods you want, and you can assign whoever you want as Mods and Admins.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This may work, but it entirely depends on the DHCP lease time that your ISP gives out. If the lease time is 24 hours, say, and you restart the modem within 4 hours of the last lease renewal, the DHCP server will reserve that IP for you and wait until you reconnect, and just give you back the exact same IP.

Some ISP's will use a lease time of days or weeks.

If you need to change your ISP, you can try this, but honestly, if you really need it changed, just calling up your ISP will guarantee a new one (Most ISP's won't give you hassle, but some may require you to give an explanation).

@Kosios why did your friend get banned to begin with? If you think Minecraft community is so toxic, why don't you and your buddy start up your own server? Hosting requirements for a small Minecraft server are fairly minimal, and you can install whatever game-mods you want, and you can assign whoever you want as Mods and Admins.

My friend got banned for talking about other servers.  Also as I stated before, I no longer play Minecraft.  I moved on because I wasn't having fun anymore.  He still plays.  I tld him that a vpn and an alt will allow him to play on the server,  I made this thread to confirm that I was giving him correct information.

3 minutes ago, Kosios said:

My friend got banned for talking about other servers.  Also as I stated before, I no longer play Minecraft.  I moved on because I wasn't having fun anymore.  He still plays.  I tld him that a vpn and an alt will allow him to play on the server,  I made this thread to confirm that I was giving him correct information.

If talking about other servers is against the rules, your friend should follow those rules, or find a new server that has rules he finds acceptable.

I don't like it when players circumvent bans. Whether you agree with them or not, those bans happened for a reason. And if the bans were arbitrary, then I would NOT want to fucking play on that server.

Essentially, your friend needs a new IP Address, and a new account. One or the other, by itself, won't help, but both together will.

If he decides to use a VPN + Alt, that's one way to accomplish his goal. Simply getting his ISP to assign him a new IP, then using an Alt would be a better, more permanent solution.

And tell him to fucking learn his lesson and not get banned again :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

If talking about other servers is against the rules, your friend should follow those rules, or find a new server that has rules he finds acceptable.

I don't like it when players circumvent bans. Whether you agree with them or not, those bans happened for a reason. And if the bans were arbitrary, then I would NOT want to fucking play on that server.

Essentially, your friend needs a new IP Address, and a new account. One or the other, by itself, won't help, but both together will.

If he decides to use a VPN + Alt, that's one way to accomplish his goal. Simply getting his ISP to assign him a new IP, then using an Alt would be a better, more permanent solution.

And tell him to fucking learn his lesson and not get banned again :P

Right.  Yea he just started using both.  I think he learned his lesson.

On 10/19/2016 at 0:21 PM, Kosios said:

Minecraft is more toxic IMO.  Even more little kids.  Also minecraft servers are full of 12-14 year old mods that don't know shit about how to moderate.

Then find a good server and don't jump from server to server.

3 hours ago, Jed M said:

Then find a good server and don't jump from server to server.

I don't play the game anymore.  @Jed M

2 hours ago, Jed M said:

You quoted and tagged me, why?

Because I can.

2 hours ago, Jed M said:

I think you're the one that's toxic :)

I am!?!?!  Uh oh.

peace please peace

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)