Ecuador Cuts Internet Access for Julian Assange to Preserve Neutrality in U.S. Election

Oh shit ! is that a drone?

e966b-40188-earlier-today-wikileaks-twee

The government of Ecuador confirmed on Tuesday that it had decided “to temporarily restrict access” to the internet inside its embassy in London, effectively cutting off Julian Assange the editor of Wikileaks, who has lived there since he was granted political asylum in 2012. The action was carried out by state level intervention intentionally to disrupt communications

The internet restriction was applied over fears that he was using it to interfere in the US presidential election.

The communique released by Ecuador on Tuesday said that the country “does not yield to pressure from other states,” but Wikileaks claimed to have learned from unnamed American sources that a request to shut down Assange’s work had come from Secretary of State John Kerry. Multiple US sources tell us John Kerry asked Ecuador to stop Assange from publishing Clinton docs during FARC peace negotiations.

CvFbBLdWgAAf_Ne.jpg

Ecuador’s president, Rafael Correa, told the Russian government’s news channel RT last month that a victory for Clinton would be better for the United States, and the world, but a Trump win could produce benefits for left-wing parties in Latin America.

Vague, heavily compressed TLDR transcript: >>

“So, for the good of the U.S. and the world, and because of my personal esteem for her ...... I want Hillary to win. -  Correa 

Assange later responded through his twitter that they have activated the appropriate contingency plans

470x357-C24.jpg  << Painfully accurate image

since Wikileaks began publishing emails hacked from the accounts of Democratic party officials, the site’s editor has been accused of attempting to undermine Hillary Clinton’s campaign for the presidency.

its a two sided game , there's pretty much more than equal amounts of shit being thrown at each candidates to make the other look less dirty,  mind the fact it's a politician vs non-politician thing , but like someone said actual crime doesnt matter , you know the game , basic see-saw distraction , one of e goes down the other one goes up.

The statement also reaffirmed the asylum granted to Assange and reiterated its intention “to safeguard his life and physical integrity until he reaches a safe place”. Meaning their primary priority is to well being , maybe they made a temporary restriction to address an essential ongoing trade

it's not the photograph with the hand in the cookie jar that matters, it's the one who took the picture , that's the real crookie criminal

cookie200.jpgimages-5.jpeg

Wikileaks most recently leaks include emails hacked from the Gmail account of the Clinton campaign chairman, John Podesta, which included partial transcripts of paid speeches Clinton gave to Wall Street bankers after her tenure as secretary of state. 

“respects the principle of non-intervention in the internal affairs of other states” and had cut off the internet access available to Assange because “in recent weeks, WikiLeaks has published a wealth of documents, impacting on the US election campaign”.

At the end of the day it's basic politics , doesn't matter if it's truth or lie, people believe in what they want to believe promises , they will adhere to whoever provides most reasonable answers to their current problems , people use this whole shibangabang to throw in whatever they have to win , whether is Trump supporter or Clinton supporter , we're seeing how aggressive things are turning into, there's a difference between grounded hard evidence vs emotional jolting accusation , what to believe , depends on the persons history of influences , translates into what you see nowadays

Russian president responded vaguely to the rumor that Russian influence in the hacking attempt (English subtitled)

Mini Transcript :

President Vladmir Putin : " In ANY event , we will work with any US leader , whoever that leader is,  What are we witnessing? Some hacker published information about the unseemly conduct of Mrs.Clinton's campaign headquarters , supporting one candidate for the party nomination at the expense of the other , Hysterical accusations that this is in Russia's interests , They freak out about it to distract the attention of the American people from the importance of what was published by the hackers , The importance is  that public opinion is being manipulated , but nobody talks about it ( US/international media) , Everyone is talking about who did it? , But is it so important who did it? , What is important is the content of this information "

isnt it kinda weird mainstream/general media is criticizing wikileaks journalism , the stuff actual media journalism is supposed to do? but that's a thought for you to think through

Even a bigger issue is that wiki leaks have had a copy of their encrypted but uncensored database in all it's fury out available for public with a deadmans switch , which in case of his somewhat mysterious death or restriction to access of Julian assange , a decryption key would be released & be made available publicly from multiple sources  (this guys probably still alive because of this) , it was reported the switch wasn't pulled due to the delay in access from him online,  for the time being & the sensitive data is still encrypted

Spoiler

A temporary link of insurance files was made available, but access is still restricted with some files (you will not get all/some files out of it at this moment) , it seems to be an accident , but meh! (some heavy sensitive data , do be responsible with the source integrity) https://file.wikileaks.org/file/

Recently the Russian international journalistic channel RT was restricted from withdrawing funds from British bank accounts, But the  British bank has denied reports it closed the UK accounts of RT , assuming it was an indirect pressured response from the political influence connecting tho this, Most probably a response to Email hacking accusations

Sources:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ecuador-cuts-off-internet-access-for-wikileaks-founder-assange/2016/10/18/277281f6-95ac-11e6-9b7c-57290af48a49_story.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/19/ecuador-admits-cutting-julian-assanges-internet-access-over-impa/

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/18/ecuador-cuts-internet-access-julian-assange-preserve-neutrality-us-election/

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/oct/19/wikileaks-ecuador-julian-assange-internet-access

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37680411

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/wikileaks-ecuador-admits-cutting-assange-internet-161019055948619.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/world/europe/julian-assange-embassy.html?_r=0

http://gizmodo.com/ecuador-confirms-it-has-cut-off-julian-assanges-interne-1787949101

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-wikileaks-idUSKBN12H2E9

Details separate people.

Cracked very rarely has anything of value, but I think this do apply

565825_v1.jpg

But WikiLeaks will more than likely keep doing what they're already doing. It's not Like Assange is the only person working on the site. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Its mind boggling how people are still voting for hillary after the shits thats been leaked. Idk why they decided to cut Assange off after the damage has been done.

8 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Its mind boggling how people are still voting for hillary after the shits thats been leaked. Idk why they decided to cut Assange off after the damage has been done.

What's even more mind boggling is that until recently Asange was a hero and a symbol of truth for Liberals.  Now they'll tell you he's a liar or that they never liked him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

Cutting off his internet has nothing to do with trying to stop the leaks to continue. This was their way of showing him they still have ways to punish him even inside the embassy.

They know trying to stop the current leaks are pointless, but this sends a message to every other potential leaker that not even a foreign government can protect you forever.

How would this affect any outcome? In my opinion, they're screwed no matter who they decide to choose. It's pretty much scandals vs scandals at this point already.

5 minutes ago, dragosudeki said:

How would this affect any outcome? In my opinion, they're screwed no matter who they decide to choose. It's pretty much scandals vs scandals at this point already.

this election is most likely rigged worse then the russian one.

Hell, current 2016 PotUS election is more rigged then the last election in North Korea was.

Assange is the most harmless piece of shit ever. This election was already very polarizing and the leak changed absolutely nothing. People that disliked Clinton continued to do so, and vice versa. 

I still can't believe I have two sociopaths on the ballot, and no decent policies.

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

What's even more mind boggling is that until recently Asange was a hero and a symbol of truth for Liberals.  Now they'll tell you he's a liar or that they never liked him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was until he sold his soul to Russia, and he's been conclusively caught now fabricating smear documents.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

He was until he sold his soul to Russia, and he's been conclusively caught now fabricating smear documents.

Lol, yeah he's been caught red handed.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

I know, I see this garbage float through google news every day.

You forgot Huffington Post though.

Newsweek is a fairly conservative publication with a very high reputation.

Assange is in it for nothing more than Russian protection. That should be obvious by now. More than 300 emails and documents have been proven completely false up to this point. Putin, Stone, Assange, and Trump are an axis of lies that have to be equally scrutinized. Don't vote for either of these lunatics!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

20 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Assange is in it for nothing more than Russian protection. That should be obvious by now. More than 300 emails and documents have been proven completely false up to this point. Putin, Stone, Assange, and Trump are an axis of lies that have to be equally scrutinized. Don't vote for either of these lunatics!

I'm far from conservative and far from liberal and you're probably right about Asange. I only wished to point out the liberal hypocrisy paraded around in the media about Asange well before anyone had a chance to fabricate the possibility of his corruption. 

Unfortunately regardless of my vote one of them will be the next President of the United States.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Someone is scared of the next US president :D

Yeah, the enitre world.

Ecuador is not a US-friendly nation, so the idea that Kerry got them to help Clinton out is pretty silly. Especially since removing Assange's internet access doesn't really affect Wikileaks' operations much. It's not a one-man organization.

51 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

I haven't seen proof only claims of Trump having Russian ties, none of which have been proven

36 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

They're liberal not conservative

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

27 minutes ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

Assange is the most harmless piece of shit ever. This election was already very polarizing and the leak changed absolutely nothing. People that disliked Clinton continued to do so, and vice versa. 

I still can't believe I have two sociopaths on the ballot, and no decent policies.

you can always leave the country....

let me tell you about the European dream son. A dream of freedom, public healthcare, wealth and democracy. A place where the government fear the opinion of the people, because they answer to the people, not to themselves. A land of cultural diversity, opportunity and security.

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

let me tell you about the European dream son. A dream of freedom, public healthcare, wealth and democracy. A place where the government fear the opinion of the people, because they answer to the people, not to themselves. A land of cultural diversity, opportunity and security.

*Whispers in your ear*  "Allahu Ackbar."

All of this could be settled by a competition good old fashioned like.

Assange vs the US Government who can fart the longest, and cross the most tones, bonus marks for hitting the resonance frequency of the bathroom stall.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

11 minutes ago, Prysin said:

A land ravaged by "refugees" and sacrifices it's own people to pander to the minority. Can't wait to leave this shit hole, currently searching for a job that will mostly keep me abroad 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

31 minutes ago, Prysin said:

That option is being explored, but it's not that easy when qualifications are absurdly high for the IT positions (overseas) through American contractors.