Asus ROG Claymore Core RGB mechanical keyboard hits the markets

Tic-Tac
4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Is this keyboard a joke...? :D

Seems so since numerous people (myself included) have made jokes about it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

Well, sadly many people worldwide dont have a choice. And +100$ keyboards have theyr reasons. I say if you could buy one, then do it, cuz its an extra +50-70€ ovehere... so basically a 150$ is a 210€ and well yeah so on hehe. But this keyboard doesnt even seem to be on the level of the K70 from Corsair at all.

As i clicked post, your notification bumped haha! :D

Groomlake Authority

Fortunately, I've made it through the 'must buy more mechanical keyboards!' phase in life with only minor scars (about 4 keyboards). So seeing this finally come out is not affecting me much either way. Actually, kinda glad it took them so long, otherwise I might not have made it out of the gotta-get-more phase with such minimal damage to my wallet. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Maybe that price wouldve made sense 2 years ago when RGB boards were the greatest thing since sliced bread. But now this is just stupid. Getting a TKL RGB CherryMX board of good quality shouldnt run you more than 90 bucks. And even buying an external numpad wouldnt add up to that cost.

Ive got a lot of keyboards, and a lot of them cost more than that, but at least they have something unique that justifies that cost. This thing just looks like a red Razer knockoff with an even bigger price tag.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I got my K65 RGB for $99, looks like I won this one.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

It seems to be a fine keyboard though the price, it's just seriously pushing it. An afaik no Cherry MX Speed switches option?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I thought they'd at least do Topre switches for that fucking much. You mean I have to pay double for what comparable 10 keyless cherrys sell for just to get your shitty fucking ROG design? WTF

-------

Current Rig

-------

I better be able to plop this in my lap and get $120 worth of "good time" out of it or I'm gonna be purchasing elsewhere, even 100 plus 120 of "good time" is pushing it for me, I'm gonna look at a 60-80 dollar keyboard long before anything that far up the scale.

22 hours ago, tlink said:

because none of those cheaper once will have all the features this one has. detachable keypad, very extensive macro support, programmable keys, mx rgb switches etc. the editor says its worth the wait and the price. very premium, but worth it.

yeah there are no keybords out there with marocs and fancy flashing lights /s

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

didn't say that.

On 19/10/2016 at 9:50 AM, Morgan MLGman said:

Looks great, however the price is just...

ROG pricing... Repiblic of Greediness.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

On 19/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, tlink said:

because none of those cheaper once will have all the features this one has. detachable keypad, very extensive macro support, programmable keys, mx rgb switches etc. the editor says its worth the wait and the price. very premium, but worth it.

9 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

6 hours ago, tlink said:

didn't say that.

ya did

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

5 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

ya did

it was a list of qualifications, not a pick some at random and see if another keyboard has them. i never said that there are no other keyboards with macro's and fancy leds. i said there are no other keyboards with [insert list of ROG claymore features that i listed]. strawman fallacy.

also notice the etc. it means the list goes on.

10 minutes ago, tlink said:

it was a list of qualifications, not a pick some at random and see if another keyboard has them. i never said that there are no other keyboards with macro's and fancy leds. i said there are no other keyboards with [insert list of ROG claymore features that i listed]. strawman fallacy.

the strafe form corsair razer blackwidow chroma infact most razer keyboards, logitech orion spark.....dude keyboards with the same features as the ROG POS are 10 a penny and cheaper some even have more features. the only thing they lack is a detachable num pad and really WHO CARES......

seriously.....here have this

104854.jpg

maybe now you can get over yourself

18 hours ago, HalGameGuru said:

I better be able to plop this in my lap and get $120 worth of "good time" out of it or I'm gonna be purchasing elsewhere, even 100 plus 120 of "good time" is pushing it for me, I'm gonna look at a 60-80 dollar keyboard long before anything that far up the scale.

A lot of these over $100 keyboards can be had for half the price. I got a Strafe RGB MX Silent new at Best Buy for $90. G710 also new at Best Buy for $50. Patience and diligence pay off. That said, I'm out of the market so I'm no longer diligently monitoring deals. 

This Claymore, just wait till they hype dies down. I'd pay half of it's suggested retail price... and it would be the first keyboard to go over $100 for me (if I were still in the market for a mech keyboard).

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

14 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

the strafe form corsair razer blackwidow chroma infact most razer keyboards, logitech orion spark.....dude keyboards with the same features as the ROG POS are 10 a penny and cheaper some even have more features. the only thing they lack is a detachable num pad and really WHO CARES......

seriously.....here have this

104854.jpg

maybe now you can get over yourself

razer chroma doesn't have the same switches. also misses out on the detachable numpad, the aura sync features, it has 10 key rollover while the ROG has n-key rollover. it also doesn't seem to support any easy way to program lighting yourself on a key by key basis. the ROG can also react to cpu temps, control your overclock and cmos, it also can react to the music (or sounds? not sure) your motherboard outputs. it has programmable repeat acceleration. you can control your motherboards fanspeed from the keyboard aswel. control certain bios features without having to boot into it. the razer chroma has way less features and is less customizable. sure, the essentials are there but that was never my point, my point was that this keyboard simply has more features that others don't. saying that's not true is a lie.

the logitech orion spark also has different switches. also misses out on the detachable numpad, the aura sync features(although it does have something similar, this doesn't control anything beyond mouse, headset and keyboard), 113 key rollover while the ROG has n-key rollover(although 113 is probably plenty, n-key is more expensive), it misses out on every other thing i mentioned before with the razer chroma.

insult me all you want, you only make yourself look bad.

I wish Corsair or Cooler-Master would stop using Cherry switches in favor of Gateron.  Wish Asus would too.

8 minutes ago, tlink said:

razer chroma doesn't have the same switches. also misses out on the detachable numpad, the aura sync features, it has 10 key rollover while the ROG has n-key rollover. it also doesn't seem to support any easy way to program lighting yourself on a key by key basis. the ROG can also react to cpu temps, control your overclock and cmos, it also can react to the music (or sounds? not sure) your motherboard outputs. it has programmable repeat acceleration. you can control your motherboards fanspeed from the keyboard aswel. control certain bios features without having to boot into it. the razer chroma has way less features and is less customizable. sure, the essentials are there but that was never my point, my point was that this keyboard simply has more features that others don't. saying that's not true is a lie.

the logitech orion spark also has different switches. also misses out on the detachable numpad, the aura sync features(although it does have something similar, this doesn't control anything beyond mouse, headset and keyboard), 113 key rollover while the ROG has n-key rollover(although 113 is probably plenty, n-key is more expensive), it misses out on every other thing i mentioned before with the razer chroma.

insult me all you want, you only make yourself look bad.

quality not quantity, most of those features are sales bullshit, lights that react to cpu temps.....yeah thats what we all have been waiting for my life is compleate.

34 minutes ago, tlink said:

-snip-

You gotta be careful though n-key is apparently up for debate, some claim it and then in the fine print say it only applies to certain keys or a certain number pressed at one time. I would hope big brand names would get it right but I do not presume based solely off the rollover claim.

SUPER ugly IMO... And $220 is definitely way too much...

I'll stick with my Das thanks...

Image result for das keyboard 4 ultimate

Well, for about the price of any other RGB keyboard you can get a Tizona Spectrum and the detachable matching Tizona keypad. 

It has Kailh switches tho.

G2NFL-G2NFLP-A_01.jpg

15 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

quality not quantity, most of those features are sales bullshit, lights that react to cpu temps.....yeah thats what we all have been waiting for my life is compleate.

ah so you agree that it doesn't have all the features you said it did have? and again the pricing is not confirmed by anyone but this source. my point was that it was more expensive because of extensive features. these features had to have a custom designed protocol and a custom designed usb port on the motherboard. they essentially designed a new ecosystem, that always is expensive.