Asus ROG Claymore Core RGB mechanical keyboard hits the markets

Tic-Tac

Well it's official now. Asus ROG Claymore Core RGB mechanical keyboard is out and it's 220$ :)

1476457597114.jpg?resize=678,381

Source: http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/accessory/asus-rog-claymore-core-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

3 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

Well it's official now. Asus ROG Claymore Core RGB mechanical keyboard is out and it's 220$ :)

1476457597114.jpg?resize=678,381

Source: http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/accessory/asus-rog-claymore-core-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/

please add quotes and original input. 

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Looks great, however the price is just...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Why on earth is it so expensive? You can get mechanical keyboards (I assume with identical switches) for a third of the price.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

also what the hell is with this article

Sure, there are other keyboards with RGB lighting… but do they sync with your PC components and peripherals? We don’t think so. Not saying this does, but we’re not saying it doesn’t either.

than what ARE you saying?????

How many keyboards do you know have a detachable keypad? ROG Claymore does and it’s got a premium aluminium finish. The keys on the keypad can be used as macro keys and you can control the volume from there.

this is a pretty neat idea, i mean it would probably be better to just sell a version without the keypad, a separate keypad, and a complete set.

Some people prefer to be minimalistic and only want the keybaord without the keypad, no problem, you can get ROG Claymore Core which comes without the keypad. If you do however change your mind, you can still purchase the keypad separately.

welp looks like they did EXACTLY that. good on you asus for thinking this trough well.

2 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Why on earth is it so expensive? You can get mechanical keyboards (I assume with identical switches) for a third of the price.

because none of those cheaper once will have all the features this one has. detachable keypad, very extensive macro support, programmable keys, mx rgb switches etc. the editor says its worth the wait and the price. very premium, but worth it.

7 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Because ASUS ROG. Premium price for premium name.

it hit the market like a bombshell...

huehuehue...

but no, that's just an overpriced piece of bling.

8 minutes ago, tlink said:

also what the hell is with this article

than what ARE you saying?????

this is a pretty neat idea, i mean it would probably be better to just sell a version without the keypad, a separate keypad, and a complete set.

welp looks like they did EXACTLY that. good on you asus for thinking this trough well.

they are selling the keypad separately.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

1 minute ago, treeroy said:

they are selling the keypad separately.

So it doesn't have a keypad at 220 USD? That's really expensive.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

yep lmao. Asus is just a scam company honestly.

well i think this is less keyboard for more money.... i get rgb and mechanical switches AND a numberpad all in one keyboard for waaaay less. I would get for that overall price even a very decent mouse and a very decent mechanical keyboard....

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

For $220, this better be a freaking time machine, keyboard and laser cutter all in one.

Seriously, i'm not paying more than $100 for a keyboard.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Yes, it's really such a shame that they're charging 220$ for a tenkeyless keyboard (hence the "Core" in the name) and still selling that number pad separately...

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

By separate keypad do they mean another keyboard with the keypad that's more expensive or a legit separate keypad like they have at banks and such?

Don't know but I suppose both options will be possible. More "options" more income :)

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

the price is not actually set. im calling out the source on this one. it says "around usd$220" but i have yet to find any other source to confirm this. the price is speculative to say the least. this might just as well be the price for the whole shablam.

1 minute ago, tlink said:

the price is not actually set. im calling out the source on this one. it says "around usd$220" but i have yet to find any other source to confirm this. the price is speculative to say the least.

Let's hope it's wrong, otherwise it's dead on arrival.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Let's hope it's wrong, otherwise it's dead on arrival.

eh, it might be marketed at super hardcore ROG fanboys with lots of money. maybe this is the enthusiast version or something? who knows. i mean, if i had money to burn i would love to buy the whole asus ecosystem... but yea, 220 is pretty cheap for a 10 less keyboard. even if that includes the numpad its still PRETTY high.

it looks like you can attach the keypad on either side but that is not a new feature. also micro USB to connect the cable not sure if that is a good thing. and that price is just insane. i like ASUS even ROG but this nope.

It had better have excellent build quality and switches for that price. Mine with its (Mechanical blue? I've got no idea what Dragonwar really used, but they feel really good) is built well, has a number pad and easy to tweak LED lighting+effects (though not as good as the cheaper rubber dome model, which has zone based lighting).

Edit: Based off this keyboard which I know to have Cherry MX Blue switches and the actuation force (60g), my keyboard does have Cherry MX blue

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL