Xbox One S vs $500 PC

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

otherwise, no CX PSUs meng, cmon.

It's the grey labeled one tho...which is just as good as your SS PSU...

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

The A10s don't perform too much better than the A8s, seems to be a limit of their memory bandwidth and because they cap out at 3ghz when the iGPU is used, also the A8 has a lower TDP

Coulda chose the lower TDP A10 yah know... :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

19 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

There's nothing wrong with the new CX units (grey label ones).

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

It's the grey labeled one tho...which is just as good as your SS PSU...

Coulda chose the lower TDP A10 yah know... :P 

So, they're seasonic rebrands on the low end now?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

So, they're seasonic rebrands on the low end now?

They're not Seasonic but their quality are a lot better than the old CX PSUs were it rivals the seasonic PSU you listed :P 

Why not compare the Xbox One S to a $300 gaming PC? That would have been a much more fair comparison, price wise. Also, while the Xbox One S retails for around $300, there's a ton of bundles out for that same price where you get the console and some games still for only $300. Getting more bang for your buck than you ever could out of a $300 gaming PC, and the graphics would arguably look better.

Example

Xbox One S bundle at Best Buy for $300. Includes the console, controller, Halo 5, and the Master Chief Collection, so basically you're getting 5 games with it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-s-500gb-console-halo-collection-bundle/5388601.p?skuId=5388601

Then there's numerous other bundles available.

Match that price to performance LTT.

COMIC SANS

1 minute ago, TopWargamer said:

Getting more bang for your buck than you ever could out of a $300 gaming PC

not exact given the amount of good/decent free games you get with PC, namely things like Dota 2, TF2, and dwarf fortress among others

also emulating PS2/GC and below is easy

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Hmmm. What i notice is that he is not clarifying what the difference between the 4 consoles are. Not saying this is a bad idea at all, i think it's a good idea for a video. But looks a lot like a Microsoft sponsored video. Also, one S is not the main competitor for the ps4 pro, but the ps4. The ps4 was already the more powerful of the two. One S only has a slight gpu boost which basically brings in on par or slightly ahead of the ps4. The blueray drive tho, that's a pretty big difference.

They should do the same video for the ps4 pro.

16 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Correct, Project Scorpio is the competitor to the PS4 Pro.

That might not even be the case. We don't know if the ps4 pro is just a steppingstone for the ps5. Remember that the ps4 pro is using the same jaguar based 8 core cpu as the ps4. The only difference being the polaris based gpu in the ps4 pro. I find it highly unlikely they couldn't have done this upgrade while brewing the ps5.

Nope....Just nope.

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

not exact given the amount of good/decent free games you get with PC, namely things like Dota 2, TF2, and dwarf fortress among others

also emulating PS2/GC and below is easy

Emulation isn't a valid argument though, because 1) console gamers switching over to PC more than likely won't put in the time to setup an emulator, even though there's guides online (going off what my friends have told me) and 2) Consoles can't natively emulate other consoles (backwards compatibility aside). From what I have noticed with my friends that switched over to PC gaming, they just want to get on and game. No need to fiddle around with anything, which is an appeal of consoles.

As for free games, both Xbox and PlayStation have a decent amount of free to play games as well.

Xbox One free to play games: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/free-to-play

PS4 free to play games: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/games/free-to-play/

(PS4 easily has a better selection of F2P games compared to the Xbone.)

COMIC SANS

in the uk the xb1s is £250 i dont think you could buy a competent gaming pc for that price i mean hell a 1060 or an i5 would cost that alone 

I lurk a lot

"it's pretty slick"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I was waiting for PlayStation to release a console with 4k blu-ray support. Since they dropped the ball. I'm glad Microsoft didn't with the Xbox one S

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I can't believe Luke completely ignored the most important difference:

xbone: $60 every year to play online

PC: FREE

6 hours ago, peej said:

in the uk the xb1s is £250 i dont think you could buy a competent gaming pc for that price i mean hell a 1060 or an i5 would cost that alone 

looks like another APU rig, though you could go like AM1 with a $100 GPU potentially

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FdCGkT

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

looks like another APU rig, though you could go like AM1 with a $100 GPU potentially

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FdCGkT

Exactly can't even put a GPU in for that price also that would most likely struggle with even some older titles like GTA V 

I lurk a lot

27 minutes ago, peej said:

Exactly can't even put a GPU in for that price also that would most likely struggle with even some older titles like GTA V 

with 2400mhz RAM and possibly a slight OC with a better board might hit 60fps at 720p at least sometimes, I don't remember if GTAV has a render scale option for 1080p

AM4 APUs need to hurry up, DDR4 should help them out a lot

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph9217/74211.png

Spoiler

2 hours ago, peej said:

For the price of buying a Xbone and live, you could build this :P 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($66.28 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Avexir Budget Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($29.15 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 460 2GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $328.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-19 22:24 EDT-0400

This will easily play games at 1080p medium (or high/ultra depending on the game) at 60fps (okay, 45fps+ is good enough), yeah :P 

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($111.75 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($36.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($40.48 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 470 4GB Red Devil Video Card  ($189.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $579.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-20 22:36 EDT-0400

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($40.48 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 470 4GB Red Devil Video Card  ($189.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $524.30
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-20 22:42 EDT-0400

here is my take on the console beater PCs from team AMD and team Intel

before anyone say the FX bottleneck blah blah blah.

both PCs plays 1080P High and will perform almost the same with only a few frames difference

with the implementation of DX12, the multi tread FX8300 can keep up with the i3.

Zen is still months away and we dont have a crystal ball in our hand as how much Zen will cost us.

And board manufacturers are still making AM3+ boards with refreshed features like M.2 and even USB 3.1 support

yes the Sabertooth is overkill unless you plan to OC your 8350/8370 to excess of 5GHz with closed loop cooling.

the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 is a balanced priced AM3+ board which is plenty for expansion and the 8 power phases means you can OC your watercooled FX8350 up to FX9590 speeds and the board will not fail on you.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.