problem with rx 460

jol159

Installed rx 460. When pc is turned on no signal is detected by monitor. What do I do?

Take it out and put it back in. Make sure this time it's seated in the slot properly.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Did you connect video cable to the 460? Did you connect power?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

download amd driver in their website dude , after you download , install and it should be run 

Did you check your BIOS settings while you had your monitor connected to your motherboard output? (if any)

is it loose? 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

8 minutes ago, jol159 said:

No it is not loose

quote people so they know you replied

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

The pc turns on and the gpu fan starts spinning but no signal to monitor

plug your display cable into the gpu, not the mobo

8 minutes ago, OnfireYH said:

plug your display cable into the gpu, not the mobo

We did that but it still didn't work.

• 1 month later...

BLZ FERA ESTOU COM O MESMO PROBLEMA, INSTALEI A RX 460, COMEÇOU A DAR PAU VARIOS JOGOS NAO ESTA RODANDO, TBM ESTA DANDO ERRO NO SIGNAL DEDECTED, EU TINHA UMA GTX 750 TI E RODAVA DE BOAS MANOS..

Had the same symptoms with a 290x at one time . eventually RMA'ed it .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

9 hours ago, jol159 said:

I managed to fix the problem a while ago. Sorry guys

How did you fix it? I'm having the same issue. I installed the card, built the computer myself with a i7 6700k, gygabite mother board. the monitor got the signal, but the comptuer slowed down so much, like it was lagging. I double checked the cables and that it was installed good and seated, but still nothing. The manual for the card said to disable the integrated graphics so i did that too, but it made it worse. Now it didn't want to detect the card and the computer wouldn't even start. Any ideas? I'm running the Sapphire Nitro RX-460 4gb OC version. 

On 02/12/2016 at 3:04 AM, dorkiusmx said:

How did you fix it? I'm having the same issue. I installed the card, built the computer myself with a i7 6700k, gygabite mother board. the monitor got the signal, but the comptuer slowed down so much, like it was lagging. I double checked the cables and that it was installed good and seated, but still nothing. The manual for the card said to disable the integrated graphics so i did that too, but it made it worse. Now it didn't want to detect the card and the computer wouldn't even start. Any ideas? I'm running the Sapphire Nitro RX-460 4gb OC version. 

My friend took the pc to currys and they managed to fix it (currys is a shop that sells tv's, pc's and laptops etc.) I don't know how they did it sorry

But this was after we changed the bios settings from it using integrated graphics to the rx 460 which still didn't work. Then he took it to currys and they managed to fix it somehow

2 minutes ago, jol159 said:

But this was after we changed the bios settings from it using integrated graphics to the rx 460 which still didn't work. Then he took it to currys and they managed to fix it somehow

Maybe call currys tech support if you live in the uk. Sorry for not being very helpful

Edited by jol159

15 hours ago, jol159 said:

Maybe call currys tech support if you live in the uk. Sorry for not being very helpful

no worries, I will figure it out. I have a feeling its Windows 10 that's messing with it. After I got that update, my laptop has been acting weird and changing things and don't work. Its the reason I built the computer. But I thought having new hardware would change that, guess not. I've tried everything, but nothing has helped. Thank you though for trying. If you find out anything, let me know. 

2 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

no worries, I will figure it out. I have a feeling its Windows 10 that's messing with it. After I got that update, my laptop has been acting weird and changing things and don't work. Its the reason I built the computer. But I thought having new hardware would change that, guess not. I've tried everything, but nothing has helped. Thank you though for trying. If you find out anything, let me know. 

Ok

On 12/2/2016 at 5:04 AM, dorkiusmx said:

My 1060 was also dodgy before installing drivers. Did you install drivers?

That's an F in the profile pic

On 12/4/2016 at 1:38 AM, Froody129 said:

My 1060 was also dodgy before installing drivers. Did you install drivers?

Yes, after i booted the computer, I inserted the disk that came with it. 

6 hours ago, dorkiusmx said:

Yes, after i booted the computer, I inserted the disk that came with it. 

The drivers that come on those disks are always horribly outdated. Go to the AMD or Sapphire sites and find the new drivers

That's an F in the profile pic