ISO Advice on Home Theater Equipment

I just bought a house and I am looking to put in some surround sound speakers in both my living room and master bed room as well as a blu ray player. I would like to be able to have some way to have both sets of speakers hooked up to one box that I could choose which set of speaker are active. Also would like to know if I can hook up one blu ray player to both tvs. I know that you would only be able to use the blu ray on one tv at a time and same goes for the speakers. Is what Im asking even possible? Again, I have very little knowledge in this and anything helps. Also, if you have any advice on brands feel free to add that too. Thanks in advance. :)   

27 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

If you could live with 5.2 surround in the living room and 2 channel stereo in the bedroom all you would need a receiver that supports dual zone HDMI switching.

Something like this would allow you to watch/listen to a different source in each room.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX3300/Denon-AVR-X3300W-IN-Command.html

This is a recommendation that requires some thought. Multi zone receivers are a great idea if the rooms are close. However, if your living room is downstairs and your bedroom is upstairs, first, how are you going to control the receiver? And second, how are you going to run cables to the first floor? Most receivers now come with a phone app that lets you control the receiver over wifi, but there can be considerable lag time. Just stuff to keep in mind. The x3300 is a great receiver. But if you do not plan on EQing multiple expensive subwoofers, then the x3200 is the same thing (practically) but for around half the price. 

Thank you gentlemen! It is a single story home and the living room, media closet, and master bedroom are all super close. I wouldn't mind 5.2 in the master and 2 channel in the living room. Any other ideas? 

If you get a receiver with HDMI zoning, make sure that zone 2 outputs video too. There are a few that only output audio.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14