Is Asus Zenbook 3 enough for developing "heavy" 2D games?

Hi! I am looking for a new laptop to buy, and I found that the Zenbook 3 is really good for its price. I want to learn coding on this device, I want to make 2D games like Terraria and Stardew Valley. This laptop doesn't have a dedicated GPU, I wonder if it will have a negative effect on making 2D games. Will it be a good laptop for my usage purpose?

4 minutes ago, Spesifik said:

Hi! I am looking for a new laptop to buy, and I found that the Zenbook 3 is really good for its price. I want to learn coding on this device, I want to make 2D games like Terraria and Stardew Valley. This laptop doesn't have a dedicated GPU, I wonder if it will have a negative effect on making 2D games. Will it be a good laptop for my usage purpose?

no its not its really thin and lacks lots of io for basic use its fine its good for a 2nd laptop but not a good primary computer  

For 2d games you're just fine, however you need to be really sure you'll never need more than one port.

Also, I don't know this for a fact but chances are the keyboard is not amazing, simply because of how thin it is. If you plan to do a lot of coding on it you may want to look at something like a thinkpad x260 instead.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's got enough power for 2d games.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

48 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

2D gaming is fine on integrated GPUs. Heck I played a bit of the new Shadowrun game on a Windows tablet without a problem.

24 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's got enough power for 2d games.

I am talking about developing 2d games, not playing. I think development is different than gaming, that's why I opened this topic.

27 minutes ago, Sauron said:

For 2d games you're just fine, however you need to be really sure you'll never need more than one port.

Also, I don't know this for a fact but chances are the keyboard is not amazing, simply because of how thin it is. If you plan to do a lot of coding on it you may want to look at something like a thinkpad x260 instead.

Asus includes an adapter with it, and I don't think I will need more than one port. I can get away with BT mouses. I tried the keyboard at a shop and I liked it. I even liked the Macbook keyboard more, but I don't really want to get it because of Core M. And also, are you talking about 2d gaming or 2d game development being good? I couldn't get which one you meant because of the other replies.

Just now, Spesifik said:

I am talking about developing 2d games, not playing. I think development is different than gaming, that's why I opened this topic.

You asked if the laptop was good for developing 2D games like so and so and such and such. I said I could play those 2D games just fine.

Developing a game involves testing your game, which involves playing the game.

1 minute ago, Spesifik said:

Asus includes an adapter with it, and I don't think I will need more than one port. I can get away with BT mouses. I tried the keyboard at a shop and I liked it. I even liked the Macbook keyboard more, but I don't really want to get it because of Core M. And also, are you talking about 2d gaming or 2d game development being good? I couldn't get which one you meant because of the other replies.

Running the game is more intense than developing it, so the answer is both.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You asked if the laptop was good for developing 2D games like so and so and such and such. I said I could play those 2D games just fine.

Developing a game involves testing your game, which involves playing the game.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Running the game is more intense than developing it, so the answer is both.

Thank you both then, I hope this laptop will be a good investment for my dreams :)

56 minutes ago, Spesifik said:

Development = coding and testing

Coding is less intensive than testing (aka playing the game)

So if it can game, then it can code.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

Development = coding and testing

Coding is less intensive than testing (aka playing the game)

So if it can game, then it can code.

I forgot to tell. I will be using Photoshop and animation programs to make the sprites and animate them. Will Intel HD be enough with this task as well?

9 hours ago, Spesifik said:

I forgot to tell. I will be using Photoshop and animation programs to make the sprites and animate them. Will Intel HD be enough with this task as well?

Not sure, never used photoshop for animating.

Spoiler