SD Card for a Canon Vixia HF R700

Vadise

Greetings.

I am soon to get a Canon Vixia HF R700 , and I am clueless as to what type of SD card to get to let it stretch it legs to it's fullest. I originally thought about getting a 32GB Class 10 U3 95MB/s from Lexar's Pro line, it is well within my budget, but looking online I can see that some people are using slower cards for their 1080p video shooting.

So what SD card would allow this camera to record at the highest quality it can without being way over spec? Also what brands would you recommend? my experience with Verbatim, Kingston, Sandisk and Emtek hasn't been all that great, I find that after a few writes they already become rather finicky and start to corrupt data.

15 minutes ago, Vadise said:

Greetings.

I am soon to get a Canon Vixia HF R700 , and I am clueless as to what type of SD card to get to let it stretch it legs to it's fullest. I originally thought about getting a 32GB Class 10 U3 95MB/s from Lexar's Pro line, it is well within my budget, but looking online I can see that some people are using slower cards for their 1080p video shooting.

So what SD card would allow this camera to record at the highest quality it can without being way over spec? Also what brands would you recommend? my experience with Verbatim, Kingston, Sandisk and Emtek hasn't been all that great, I find that after a few writes they already become rather finicky and start to corrupt data.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-UHS-II-Software-LSD64GCRBNA1000/dp/B00PLENZX4 one of these should be more than enough for that camera

"I take great pride in my humility" -Me

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1614 ($629 with sales)
  • Games owned: 126
  • Games played: 111 (88%)
  • Hours on record: 3,483.3h