[UPDATE 2] NEW Red Dead Game teased?!

56 minutes ago, peej said:

Different studio this is rockstar San Diego GTA V was rockstar north based in Edinburgh 

what has that got to do with it? GTAV was still successfull regardless of who made it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

27 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

what has that got to do with it? GTAV was still successfull regardless of who made it

Yeah but rockstar is a publisher not a developer there studios are all completely separate and have different skills R* San Diego are masters of the console they can really push it to its limits. R* North (who made GTA) are completely seperate think of it like any other publisher for instance Activison the Harmonix who made guitar hero are completely separate to  Sledgehammer and infinity ward who make call of duty. 

I lurk a lot

4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

As I stated earlier, Rockstar San Diego is very talented when given a console. If you looked at games like Midnight Club 3, that showed you that they could really work around a console's restraints. Save for Midtown Madness and its first sequel, RSD never really did much in the PC world. They've always had their hand in console development.

That excuse just doesnt cut it anymore. They can adapt to a new console architecture every 8 years but they can't make games for a market that has had an unchanging architecture. Yes the apis change but so do they on console. Add in the fact that ps4 and xbone are on x86 and xbone games can be ported to windows with VERY little work.
They could make this happen no problem if they wanted to, rockstar could always have another branch/studio that's more versed in pc ports do the port.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Protag in RDR is dead... so answer me this.

Why is a sequal even needed? The story has concluded and otherwise has no loose ends that demand a continuation.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

33 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Protag in RDR is dead... so answer me this.

Why is a sequal even needed? The story has concluded and otherwise has no loose ends that demand a continuation.

It's probably not a straight sequel, and' probably be what RDRedemption was to RDRevolver. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 hours ago, peej said:

Yeah but rockstar is a publisher not a developer there studios are all completely separate and have different skills R* San Diego are masters of the console they can really push it to its limits. R* North (who made GTA) are completely seperate think of it like any other publisher for instance Activison the Harmonix who made guitar hero are completely separate to  Sledgehammer and infinity ward who make call of duty. 

sorry but they are all under the rockstar corp and therefor should be able to colaberate to get things done.  if there is no excuse today for this kind of bullshit

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

It's pretty obvious what's gonna happen.  They will release it for Xbox One and PS4, then a year later they will release it again with updated graphics and an online mode for Scorpio/PS4 Pro along with a PC port that will be delayed a couple months.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

sorry but they are all under the rockstar corp and therefor should be able to colaberate to get things done.  if there is no excuse today for this kind of bullshit

They are two separate companies that happen to publish games under the same publisher the only thing they share with each other is the RAGE engine its like saying well MSI and EVGA both make NVDIA graphics cards so they should collaborate 

I lurk a lot

1 hour ago, peej said:

They are two separate companies that happen to publish games under the same publisher the only thing they share with each other is the RAGE engine its like saying well MSI and EVGA both make NVDIA graphics cards so they should collaborate 

if you dont know what your talking about about your really shouldn't comment. RS SD and RS N are all owned by the same company they even share the rage engine. there is no reason for them not to port RDR2 to PC.....at all. 

as for the evga bullshit, they are separate companies.  the fact that this needs explaining shows just how stupid your comments are

19 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

if you dont know what your talking about about your really shouldn't comment. RS SD and RS N are all owned by the same company they even share the rage engine. there is no reason for them not to port RDR2 to PC.....at all. 

as for the evga bullshit, they are separate companies.  the fact that this needs explaining shows just how stupid your comments are

R* SD and R* N are both subsideries of R* Games each subsidiary are separate entities and are owned by the Parent company. Therefore the only thing they really have in common is the fact there owned and published by R* Games and share an engine but sharing an engine means nothing have you ever heard of unity or unreal 4 or frostbite? 

I'm not saying there's no reason for them to not put red dead 2 on PC I'm saying that just because R* put GTA V on PC has nothing to do with if R* SD will do the same. 

I lurk a lot

21 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Assassin's Creed series also is a good example of same engine, publisher, and lead developers, but yet the PC port was unsatisfying. Batman Arkham series is a similar scenario. Same engine/publisher/developer doesn't really mean same level of quality PC port.

Plus, GTA V was available to consoles for quite a few months before it was available to PC (PC port not even announced when the PS3/Xbox360 version released). Could possibly be the similar story for RDR2.

2 hours ago, peej said:

R* SD and R* N are both subsideries of R* Games each subsidiary are separate entities and are owned by the Parent company. Therefore the only thing they really have in common is the fact there owned and published by R* Games and share an engine but sharing an engine means nothing have you ever heard of unity or unreal 4 or frostbite? 

I'm not saying there's no reason for them to not put red dead 2 on PC I'm saying that just because R* put GTA V on PC has nothing to do with if R* SD will do the same. 

i give up. you have compleatey missed the point

1 hour ago, dragosudeki said:

Assassin's Creed series also is a good example of same engine, publisher, and lead developers, but yet the PC port was unsatisfying. Batman Arkham series is a similar scenario. Same engine/publisher/developer doesn't really mean same level of quality PC port.

Plus, GTA V was available to consoles for quite a few months before it was available to PC (PC port not even announced when the PS3/Xbox360 version released). Could possibly be the similar story for RDR2.

my point is that because gtav was successful it shows that there is a market for it and there is a team within rockstar that has experience with PC that can be used to port rdr2 to pc. they have done it before with the same engine (assuming they use the same engine), ergo no excuse for them not to port it over

On 10/17/2016 at 6:25 AM, paddy-stone said:

Horse theft auto :)

Bahaha, yes!!!