Lga775 cpu budget pc

TDCTomas

I am building a computer from some spare parts I had lying around and realised a didn't have a CPU that fitted the motherboards lag775 socket . I was wondering what is the best quad core I can get for it. 

Thanks

What is the motherboard? Depending on the chipset it may or may not support a quad core, I am guessing it will not, I have a lot of LGA 775 motherboards, non of which support quad cores.

The q6600 has been an all around favorite for many people but if you're asking for the best--q9650.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

What is the motherboard? Depending on the chipset it may or may not support a quad core, I am guessing it will not, I have a lot of LGA 775 motherboards, non of which support quad cores.

I mean mine doesn't "support" quad cores officially either, but shove a q6600 in it and it'll boot up no problem.

1 minute ago, Brian McKee said:

I mean mine doesn't "support" quad cores officially either, but shove a q6600 in it and it'll boot up no problem.

No, there is a difference between a motherboard manufacture not updating their supported CPU list and a motherboard that doesn't support quad cores. If the FSB on your motherboard is more than 1066MHz it will probably support a quad core, anything less and it will not.

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No, there is a difference between a motherboard manufacture not updating their supported CPU list and a motherboard that doesn't support quad cores. If the FSB on your motherboard is more than 1066MHz it will probably support a quad core, anything less and it will not.

I mean mine is exactly 1066 and it supports it.

It's weird because all over the box and on the website it just says "SUPPORTS THE LATEST AND GREATEST DUAL AND SINGLE CORE PROCESSORS EGGSDEEEE"

Silly Asus.