What to get for my birthday?

What should I get for my birthday?

So, my birthday is quickly approaching, and my parents gave me a budget of $200 to spend however I like. So far, I've decided to get a laptop bag, battery pack, and bluetooth earbuds. The problem is that all of those things only total to $80, so I have no idea how to spend the leftover $120. . . Put in your ideas of what you would buy with the money.

*I can't upgrade my pc as it's a small form-factor pre-built system, so It's going to be really difficult to upgrade anything useful.

knowing me, i'd spend all my money on food.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Do you have an SSD in your PC? More ram? Better peripherals?  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

prob a nice ssd. its fine if theres no dedicated mounting hardware, you can just zip tie it somewhere or let it hang, since theres no moving parts

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1273746-REG/crucial_ct525mx300ssd1_mx300_525g.html

you could also use it to upgrade your laptop too

Edited by DrM

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

4 minutes ago, DrM said:

prob a nice ssd. its fine if theres no dedicated mounting hardware, you can just zip tie it somewhere or let it hang, since theres no moving parts

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1273746-REG/crucial_ct525mx300ssd1_mx300_525g.html

you could also use it to upgrade your laptop too

that SSD is around $120 less then my 250gb and that shows SSDs are dropping in price like hard drives

Save it? I mean, why do you need to spend all of it all at once?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Spend the $80 and the save maybe $50 for steam sales. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

32 minutes ago, Squarq said:

What should I get for my birthday?

So, my birthday is quickly approaching, and my parents gave me a budget of $200 to spend however I like. So far, I've decided to get a laptop bag, battery pack, and bluetooth earbuds. The problem is that all of those things only total to $80, so I have no idea how to spend the leftover $120. . . Put in your ideas of what you would buy with the money.

*I can't upgrade my pc as it's a small form-factor pre-built system, so It's going to be really difficult to upgrade anything useful.

A nice office chair. that's the next thing on my list 

Give it to me! Nah but if you don't have any ideas just save it, you never know when you suddenly need a component or tacobell.

If saving isn't an option then get something useful. Eneloops, SD cards, SSD, lens for a camera, new cooler.

And hell if you do want to upgrade your SFF pc get a low profile graphics card, if your computer supports a dual slot card then pick up a GTX 750ti.

If space is more of an issue then pick up a used R7 250/7750 or GT 740 (look for the amd cards if possible, they're better).

I upgraded an old emachine that's SFF to an R7 250E and a Phenom II x4 965 BE and it can run Fallout 4 at medium settings 30 fps.

You should put it in the bank. You'll receive interest while they can invest it in.... aaaaand it's gone.

7 hours ago, Squarq said:

Spend the $80 and save the rest for when you think of something else you want/need.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?