-RELEASE UPDATE- Kodak To Enter the SmartPhone Ring -Again- October 20th

goodtofufriday

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/06/kodak-teases-a-new-phone-for-an-october-20-reveal/?ncid=rss

http://www.kodakphones.com/

kodak-teaser.jpg?w=738

Kodak accidentally teased an upcoming phone today in a now-deleted tweet. Fortunately, the image accompanying the tweet is also easily found at Kodakphones.com.

It shows what is presumably the power button on this new Kodak phone, embedded in a nice machined bezel and with a Kodak K stamped on it. But you knew that, since the picture is right up there

IMO? Bad move. No one knows Kodak for their phones, so unless their main focus is a bombastic camera that we've not seen before I don't see how it will market to anyone. 

Update is thanks @TidaLWaveZ

Source:  http://www.kodakphones.com/ektra/

EktraRotatingFullv2.gif

Kodak_EKtra_HR-720x400.jpg

EKTRA-UI-v4_animate2.gif

Helio X-20 Decacore Processor

3000 mAh battery

3GB RAM

32GB Memory, expandable with MicroSD cards

5” Full HD display (441 ppi). (1920 x 1080 resolution)

21MP main camera with Aperture f2.0

Optical Image Stabilisation and Auto Focus

13MP front-facing camera

Phase Detection Auto Focus & HDR Imaging

4K Video Capture

This is pretty much what I said the phone needed to be. I like that it pays homage to the old film cameras with the leather design. Spec wise O hope they plan on supporting 256gb sd cards as 32 wont be enough for what they are trying to market the phone as.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

20 october? That's like a week from now

I mean, they could bring something to the table. granted they are known for their cameras, it will be interesting to see what they do with it. I don't doubt they have the capabilities to produce a phone, nevertheless a one with a very good camera. it will be interesting to see. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Wait, did Kodak ever make phones?

If so, that's news to me.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Why tough? Their First was phone awful 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Are they actually making it themselves, or are they just re-branding a generic phone and adding some bits to it?

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Why tough? Their First was phone awful 

8 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Wait, did Kodak ever make phones?

If so, that's news to me.

Image result for kodak phone

Not sure if it was first

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Not sure if it was first

EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Burn it with fire 

well if it turns out to be any good , then why not ? But otherwise this will be another hard blow to a dying company

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Aren't the Google Pixel and Pixel XL supposed to come out on OCT 20?

Hmmmmm...

1 minute ago, The Falcon said:

EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Burn it with fire 

They also had the IM5 which was also not very good

Kodak-IM5-phone.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

5 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Not sure if it was first

eighties%20walkman%20sony%202.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Didn't they die off (declared bankruptcy) back in 2012?

Oh, according to Wikipedia did they, in January 2012... But then in September 2013 they somehow managed to reborn from the ashes...

But the question is, who the hell will buy a Kodak branded phone and why would they buy one over any other smartphone. That market is saturated to high hell, last thing we need is yet another brand trying its hands at making a smartphone and most likely failing at it, again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

eighties%20walkman%20sony%202.jpg

weird phone. where is the screen

47 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Not sure if it was first

no no no no, it's was way more generic than that

16201565456PM_635_kodak_im5.jpeg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

I've only known Kodax for their products and services relating to film based cameras. And weren't they dead?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

I've only known Kodax for their products and services relating to film based cameras. And weren't they dead?

A few years ago they went through bankruptcy and sold of most of their patents.   Apparently they made enough cash to keep the doors open and crap out phone.  

"I have always wanted to know as much as possible about the world." ~Linus Pauling

39 minutes ago, karn_evil said:

A few years ago they went through bankruptcy and sold of most of their patents.   Apparently they made enough cash to keep the doors open and crap out phone.  

In other words they are in life support . I don't think a smartphone will help them at all with the sheer amount already on the market.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 10/14/2016 at 3:01 PM, keNNySOC said:

Aren't the Google Pixel and Pixel XL supposed to come out on OCT 20?

Hmmmmm...

Yeah and they're(Pixel/Pixel XL) supposed to have the highest rated phone camera of all time.  Maybe Kodak had something to do with that.  Still strange, seems like a rather large and unfavorable gamble unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Maybe if they can bring a lot over bang for the buck, or more likely a very good camera for the money, to the low or mid range it could work for them. Though the number of people who seemingly think only Apple and Samsung make phones is a bit of a hurdle.

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yeah and they're(Pixel/Pixel XL) supposed to have the highest rated phone camera of all time.  Maybe Kodak had something to do with that.  Still strange, seems like a rather large and unfavorable gamble unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

Maybe...

why do people think that Kodak = good camera?

Didn't they only develop films and sold those use and toss cameras?

I honestly do not know what to think of this. I wouldn't rush to judgment until they release the specs... Etc.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D