Motherboard Problem

Ords

Need help guys! I've been using this Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI for more than a year now and I noticed that the microphone jack is not working. I have tried everything. Reinstalled drivers. Freshly changed the OS. Still not working. but all the other jacks are still working fine. Can this problem still be fixed? Needs resoldering I think??? Btw the front microphone jack from my silverstone case is working fine.

1.jpg

Have you checked to see if there is anything inside of it, dust or dirt blobking the contacts is possible.

Resoldering it isnmt worth it, one mistake and you could kill the board. There are usb to audio connectors that are pretty cheap if you need a rear microphone input.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476450573&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usb+audio&dpPl=1&dpID=510hmUWxucL&ref=plSrch

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

20 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Have you checked to see if there is anything inside of it, dust or dirt blobking the contacts is possible.

Resoldering it isnmt worth it, one mistake and you could kill the board. There are usb to audio connectors that are pretty cheap if you need a rear microphone input.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476450573&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usb+audio&dpPl=1&dpID=510hmUWxucL&ref=plSrch

Wow! I didn't think of this. Thanks for the suggestion. USB ftw!