You know it;s cold when....

An FX 6300 is running at 8 degrees C. HWMonitor and AMD Overdrive both agree on the temps, I'm kinda worried about condensation, it was at 5 degrees a couple of hours ago when I powered it up!

Unless you're running some kind of crazy cooling setup, or you have very low ambient temperatures, I highly doubt you're getting those temperatures. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Phase change cooling?

CNPS10X Optima

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Unless you're running some kind of crazy cooling setup, or you have very low ambient temperatures, I highly doubt you're getting those temperatures. 

Case ambient when powered on was 18 degrees. I would get a screenshot, but I don't have the print screen key on my keyboard.

On AMD's it's normal (but misleading). If you want to get more accurate temp, you need to add the cpu + ambient temp's together.

My FX-4100 once went to -2ºC at idle, with an ambient temp of 13ºC :D

AMD chips have a wonky way of measuring their temps.

2 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

CNPS10X Optima

Case ambient when powered on was 18 degrees. I would get a screenshot, but I don't have the print screen key on my keyboard.

I'm going more towards the sensor in the CPU/CPU socket being inaccurate. You can't go below ambient unless you have some crazy cooling setup.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, MoraisGT said:

On AMD's it's normal.

My FX-4100 once went to -2ºC at idle, with an ambient temp of 13ºC :D

AMD chips have a wonky way of measuring their temps.

Dang haha :o

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm going more towards the sensor in the CPU/CPU socket being inaccurate. You can't go below ambient unless you have some crazy cooling setup.

It does seem a bit odd. I'll get my thermocouple in there at some point and measure the bottom of the heatsink, unless it shows up more normal after a reboot.

My asus board gives me warning sometimes that my CPU is -32 or my voltages are 0.005v or some other similar silly figures hahaha

Just now, daniielrp said:

My asus board gives me warning sometimes that my CPU is -32 or my voltages are 0.005v or some other similar silly figures hahaha

Thing is, when the CPU loads up a bit, the temps rise to what would be more normal, but when at idle, they go stupidly low. Maybe I should put my Peltier cooler in there and give it an excuse to be that low :)

Just now, Curious Pineapple said:

Thing is, when the CPU loads up a bit, the temps rise to what would be more normal, but when at idle, they go stupidly low. Maybe I should put my Peltier cooler in there and give it an excuse to be that low :)

It'll go even lower then.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

It'll go even lower then.

I've got it O/C'd to 4.6 GHz, under load it gets rather close to thermal limits. I have had it clock at 5, but the voltages required push the temps styoooooooopidly high.