Blu ray player questions.....

Torna

So visiting my mom and she seems to think I a tech super human this time....I am less sure but...is there with a bluray player that connects to a tv that has built in wifi to in turn to connect to a laptop and then rip said media in the player on the laptop?

Look for players compatible with plex or other media server applications. That will solve playback, but not ripping.

Yes legally they are not going to say and copy your favorite movies for ever and ever...the RIAA might freak....is there a way to do what I am asking?

No. Even if you have a blu-ray reader/writer connected directly to a computer it still has to have software that breaks the encryption of the movie disc to be able to copy it.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

10 minutes ago, Torna said:

Yes legally they are not going to say and copy your favorite movies for ever and ever...the RIAA might freak....is there a way to do what I am asking?

It's only legal to make a carbon copy. It's illegal to make a copy then strip it of its DRM thanks to the good ol' DMCA.

Also no, there is no way. You have to get a USB or internal BD drive to do what you're asking.

Honestly stop with the RIAA line....I am trying to do this with stuff that she owns and make it more accessible...she is not going to make it available to anyone but her and my mom is less accepting than most geeks that some times it does just take another piece of hardware so I realize I am trying to do something that something is not real designed for.

Ok...since what I am asking is apparently impossible is there a way to steam from a laptop that has an external BD drive to a smart TV?

Yes, you can use a BD drive to play the video on your laptop and connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable and just duplicate the monitor.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit