Fans revving up and down quickly issue

HungryHamster
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 hours ago, HungryHamster said:

2 are SP140 LED and 2 are the SP140L (the ones that come with the Corsair H110i CPU cooler).

Unfortunately, I don't know what the fans are set to in the motherboard settings as I did not build this computer myself.

It should be very easy to go into the motherboard settings and either set a custom fan curve or set them to a quiet or silent preset to lower noise.

Hey everyone,

Just got my new computer and I noticed that it seems the fans will very briefly (like 1 second or less) turn on full speed when I load a webpage, application, pdf file, etc. It's somewhat annoying and I don't know what's going on or how to fix it.

Maybe somewhere in this bios there's something that tells my fans to rev up under any kind of load?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Which fans are revving up and which headers are they running off of?

What are your fan settings and what are your temps when the fans rev up? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Which fans are revving up and which headers are they running off of?

What are your fan settings and what are your temps when the fans rev up? 

It appears to be all of them and I believe they are connected to PWM headers on the mobo.

Temps are fine (CPU: 30c and GPU 40c). The RPM is set to about 50% speed.

They will literally rev up for like 1 second and then go back to normal when I load webpages.

Also, I checked EVGA Precision XOC and the "GPU clock and Memory clock" also spike for a second at the same time as the fan speed increases.

1 minute ago, HungryHamster said:

It appears to be all of them and I believe they are connected to PWM headers on the mobo.

Temps are fine (CPU: 30c and GPU 40c). The RPM is set to about 50% speed.

They will literally rev up for like 1 second and then go back to normal when I load webpages.

Also, I checked EVGA Precision XOC and the "GPU clock and Memory clock" also spike for a second at the same time as the fan speed increases.

What fans and motherboard do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

I'm using 4x SP 140's in a push/pull front RAD setup and 1 ML 140 fan for my rear exhaust. Oh and the mobo is an ASUS Maximus VIII Formula.

Which one? SP140 LED, SP140L, or SP140L PWM? 

What are your fans set to in the motherboard settings?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Which one? SP140 LED, SP140L, or SP140L PWM? 

What are your fans set to in the motherboard settings?

2 are SP140 LED and 2 are the SP140L (the ones that come with the Corsair H110i CPU cooler).

Unfortunately, I don't know what the fans are set to in the motherboard settings as I did not build this computer myself.

2 hours ago, HungryHamster said:

It should be very easy to go into the motherboard settings and either set a custom fan curve or set them to a quiet or silent preset to lower noise.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I downloaded AI Suite 3 and set the fans on a silent mode preset and that fixed it. Thanks for your help.